How are George Washington and Georgetown Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ishiningstar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am under the impression that GW and Gtown are pretty mid tier Med schools, similar in the sense that they are both fairly expensive and being in DC, have access to opportunities in health policy. Though Gtown seems to be a li'l higher ranked and a li'l higher in prestige.

I am looking to see how students/advisors/residents rank these schools, do you think they provide solid training, opportunities and residency matching. What are their pros and cons in general in your opinion? Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, a con for Georgetown is that they have the worst admissions staff in the country, right @Jalby ?

Reactions: 18 users
Georgetown blows, and GW is fine. Both schools are in a city that is really expensive. If you enjoy cities though you really can't beat DC for the amount of stuff you can do at arm's reach.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to both, if you get invited to interview you'll be able to form your own opinion!

Apply to both, if you get invited to interview you'll be able to form your own opinion!
I have already interviewed and as I said I do have an opinion. I am trying to get the opinion of people who know/have heard more about it over the years than me .

Oh gotcha, didn't realize this was an X v Y thing between two schools you're already accepted to

Did you come away from both interviews with identical impressions? Does either have a second look weekend for you to attend coming up?

Oh gotcha, didn't realize this was an X v Y thing between two schools you're already accepted to

Did you come away from both interviews with identical impressions? Does either have a second look weekend for you to attend coming up?
I have already posted my impression of the schools in the original post. I was trying to get more opinions from others. Want to see what others think of the school.