How are Kaplan subject Ochem test compared to real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tissy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to how similar the questions are worded in the Kaplan Subject Ochem test vs real DAT? Anyone got an answer..

Members don't see this ad.

tissy said:
I'm curious to how similar the questions are worded in the Kaplan Subject Ochem test vs real DAT? Anyone got an answer..

The ochem subject tests are insanely difficult in my opinion, I don't think those are representative of the test.

teefRcool said:
The ochem subject tests are insanely difficult in my opinion, I don't think those are representative of the test.
Thanks for the input...I kinda thought they were a little difficult but wasn't sure how it is compared to the real dat..thanks

teefRcool said:

Do you think it prepares you for the real thing or does it not focus on some things that should be focused on?

Members don't see this ad :)
ochem has always been my worst subject so i didn't focus too much on those subject tests because even my kaplan instructor said not to worry too much about those. Some of the questions however are good learning materials and others are just difficult. definitely do them but don't worry too much on how u did.

The Kaplan subject test for ochem are ridiculous. I hear that the chemistry part of the exam is much easier and straight forward than the subject tests. How is it even possible to get over 80% on those subject tests?????

i thought the subject tests were little bit harder than the other practice tests that i took. i finished with the chemistry questions and i thought many of them are easy. the bio questions are harder.