how are these programs for OB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to practice rurally and include significant OB in my practice, including the ability to do a C/S if needed.

I am considering doing an OB fellowship, but would also like to attend a FM residency with a strong OB component.

Can anyone reflect on the strength (and non-malignancy) of OB at these places:

UC Irvine
Kaiser Woodland Hills
Harbor UCLA
Kaiser Sunset
Valley FM (in Renton, Washington, outside Seattle)
Long Beach Memorial
Glendale Adventist
White Memorial
San Jose O'Connor

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with any of the programs you listed.Why don't you go to the websites for those programs, find contact information and email some of the residents? That seems like the most efficient way to get that information.

Hi all,

I want to practice rurally and include significant OB in my practice, including the ability to do a C/S if needed.

I am considering doing an OB fellowship, but would also like to attend a FM residency with a strong OB component.

Can anyone reflect on the strength (and non-malignancy) of OB at these places:

UC Irvine
Kaiser Woodland Hills
Harbor UCLA
Kaiser Sunset
Valley FM (in Renton, Washington, outside Seattle)
Long Beach Memorial
Glendale Adventist
White Memorial
San Jose O'Connor

Thank you!

Seems to me like the opportunity to get as much of the dismal science exists just about everywhere if you want it. The real finds are FM programs with enough flexibility in their curriculum to let you get your 40+10 and escape if that is your wish.