How are you passing the time while waiting to hear back about acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SquirrelMonkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering how you guys are passing the time while waiting to hear about acceptances and interviews? I'm passing the time by check these forums every 5 minutes.... I need a hobby. Any suggestions, besides working?

Members don't see this ad.

Well since it's finals week, I have periods of studying and watching videos on youtube :)

if you want to be productive, well, ask me in a few days when biochem isn't the only thing on my mind...

Members don't see this ad :)
posting on SDN:laugh::laugh:

j/k i don't post that much on here lol

:thumbup: to all above posts, especially the fun ones
have you tried:

• mediation
  • reading a novel
  • performing community service
  • building model airplanes
  • horticulture
  • facebooking
  • stamp collecting
  • shopping
  • shopping on amazon
  • hiking or hitchhiking
  • yoga
  • pilates
  • picking up the cello
  • bar hopping
  • watching television
  • solving crime
  • doing prank calls
  • prayer
  • opening up a CD (certificate of deposit)
  • abstaining from meat or fish
  • surf the web more
  • deep sea diving
  • CNN.com
  • nytimes.com
  • msn.com
  • pharmcas.org
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwiKkgre6M

Last edited:
And I have to respond to this simply because I'm constantly checking these forums to see if anyone has UF interviews....

If your refrigerator is running, you better go and catch it! Lame, I know, but we did that so many times as kids that right now it made me laugh and not worry about UF for a second!!

Eat lots of fiber, then it is difficult to concentrate on anything.

Eat lots of fiber, then it is difficult to concentrate on anything.
:laugh:

My interview is this friday, and I am currently done with finals so I can relate to the waiting game. I'm finishing up a couple of books right now and probably hit up a few more over the break. I've been debating what tv shows I am going to watch now that I actually have the time. The first that I am knocking out it Plant Earth on blueray. After that, I'm not sure, although I've been thinking about Dexter...

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh:

My interview is this friday, and I am currently done with finals so I can relate to the waiting game. I'm finishing up a couple of books right now and probably hit up a few more over the break. I've been debating what tv shows I am going to watch now that I actually have the time. The first that I am knocking out it Plant Earth on blueray. After that, I'm not sure, although I've been thinking about Dexter...

The Dexter finale rocked!:D I keep myself occupied by doing lots and lots of running....oh, and checking my email all the time for messages from pharmacy schools lol.

Petty Crime
Drugs
Hookers
Booze

and some chess

I'm glad dude, maybe bring back another bad girl to the show?

it helps to try to completely forget about it. sports/going out w/ friends/reading

gl to those still waiting :thumbup:

hope no one has to go through 2 cycles of waiting like I did!

Anybody who got in think its worth opening up a Biochem book like me ? I got in but I was wondering if I should spend an hour or so a day just looking over Chem chapters or am I over doing it ?

Anybody who got in think its worth opening up a Biochem book like me ? I got in but I was wondering if I should spend an hour or so a day just looking over Chem chapters or am I over doing it ?
Can't hurt. I'm taking Immunology next semester for that very reason. I'd rather get into those classes in pharm school and be less stressed as it would be mostly review.

Spare time? What's that?

I will be spending my "time off" from school (only a few weeks) working 40+ hours at the hospital. :( However, I did make the time to go see that new movie Invictus with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman- it was superb. On Jan. 2nd, I will be marching in the Fiesta Bowl Parade with the Play It Again Band (I play flute). Other than that (and family Christmas stuff), I plan on doing NOTHING. I am going to sit on my couch and watch Nat Geo. LOL :woot:

Man I applied really early and was basically one of the first groups to interview for the 4 pharmacy schools in my sig. I found out of acceptances in October. Once I was in I was instantly in slacker mode lol. Now I have 9 months to kill before pharmacy school starts.

Man I applied really early and was basically one of the first groups to interview for the 4 pharmacy schools in my sig. I found out of acceptances in October. Once I was in I was instantly in slacker mode lol. Now I have 9 months to kill before pharmacy school starts.

Enjoy the free time... while it's still around.

For all those Dexter watchers... what if the last 5 mins of the finale weren't real, and they were simply an illusion of Dexter's? :confused:

It probably was real, and this is just me not wanting to accept it.

For all those Dexter watchers... what if the last 5 mins of the finale weren't real, and they were simply an illusion of Dexter's? :confused:

It probably was real, and this is just me not wanting to accept it.

Judging from the interviews with the directors, and the fact that Julie Benz is going to Broadway (or something of that nature) I'd say it wasn't a dream sequence.

I still do not really know how I feel about the whole thing lol

Judging from the interviews with the directors, and the fact that Julie Benz is going to Broadway (or something of that nature) I'd say it wasn't a dream sequence.

I still do not really know how I feel about the whole thing lol

Awww did not know that... :(
Can't wait for next season!

Awww did not know that... :(
Can't wait for next season!

The wife brought up a good point. How are they gonna explain away the fact she was killed Trinity style? I mean Quinn's already up his butt to begin with, and that's gonna look really strange since it doesn't fit with his normal plan