• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How are you passing the time while waiting to hear back about acceptances?

SquirrelMonkey

May 30, 2009
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi,

I was just wondering how you guys are passing the time while waiting to hear about acceptances and interviews? I'm passing the time by check these forums every 5 minutes.... I need a hobby. Any suggestions, besides working?

myska

5+ Year Member
    Dec 2, 2009
    1. Pharmacy Student
      Well since it's finals week, I have periods of studying and watching videos on youtube :)

if you want to be productive, well, ask me in a few days when biochem isn't the only thing on my mind...

About the Ads

avuong

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Dec 22, 2008
      Chicago
        :thumbup: to all above posts, especially the fun ones
        have you tried:

• mediation
        • reading a novel
        • performing community service
        • building model airplanes
        • horticulture
        • facebooking
        • stamp collecting
        • shopping
        • shopping on amazon
        • hiking or hitchhiking
        • yoga
        • pilates
        • picking up the cello
        • bar hopping
        • watching television
        • solving crime
        • doing prank calls
        • prayer
        • opening up a CD (certificate of deposit)
        • abstaining from meat or fish
        • surf the web more
        • deep sea diving
        • CNN.com
        • nytimes.com
        • msn.com
        • pharmcas.org
        • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwiKkgre6M

Last edited:

leolanoles

10+ Year Member
        Jan 21, 2008
        1. Pharmacy Student
          And I have to respond to this simply because I'm constantly checking these forums to see if anyone has UF interviews....

If your refrigerator is running, you better go and catch it! Lame, I know, but we did that so many times as kids that right now it made me laugh and not worry about UF for a second!!

joetrisman

10+ Year Member
          Mar 9, 2009
          Developing rickets
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Eat lots of fiber, then it is difficult to concentrate on anything.
            :laugh:

My interview is this friday, and I am currently done with finals so I can relate to the waiting game. I'm finishing up a couple of books right now and probably hit up a few more over the break. I've been debating what tv shows I am going to watch now that I actually have the time. The first that I am knocking out it Plant Earth on blueray. After that, I'm not sure, although I've been thinking about Dexter...

About the Ads

Forrest Gump

Running towards my future
            10+ Year Member
            Mar 6, 2007
            Tallahassee, FL
            1. Pre-Pharmacy
              :laugh:

My interview is this friday, and I am currently done with finals so I can relate to the waiting game. I'm finishing up a couple of books right now and probably hit up a few more over the break. I've been debating what tv shows I am going to watch now that I actually have the time. The first that I am knocking out it Plant Earth on blueray. After that, I'm not sure, although I've been thinking about Dexter...

The Dexter finale rocked!:D I keep myself occupied by doing lots and lots of running....oh, and checking my email all the time for messages from pharmacy schools lol.

IPharmD15

Admitted Pharmacy Student
              Oct 30, 2009
              1. Pre-Pharmacy
                Anybody who got in think its worth opening up a Biochem book like me ? I got in but I was wondering if I should spend an hour or so a day just looking over Chem chapters or am I over doing it ?

joetrisman

10+ Year Member
                Mar 9, 2009
                Developing rickets
                1. Resident [Any Field]
                  Anybody who got in think its worth opening up a Biochem book like me ? I got in but I was wondering if I should spend an hour or so a day just looking over Chem chapters or am I over doing it ?
                  Can't hurt. I'm taking Immunology next semester for that very reason. I'd rather get into those classes in pharm school and be less stressed as it would be mostly review.

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  7+ Year Member
                  Aug 9, 2009
                  1. Pharmacist
                    Spare time? What's that?

I will be spending my "time off" from school (only a few weeks) working 40+ hours at the hospital. :( However, I did make the time to go see that new movie Invictus with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman- it was superb. On Jan. 2nd, I will be marching in the Fiesta Bowl Parade with the Play It Again Band (I play flute). Other than that (and family Christmas stuff), I plan on doing NOTHING. I am going to sit on my couch and watch Nat Geo. LOL :woot:

docss26

Moderator Emeritus
                    10+ Year Member
                    Oct 6, 2005
                    the city of wind
                    1. Pharmacy Student
                      Man I applied really early and was basically one of the first groups to interview for the 4 pharmacy schools in my sig. I found out of acceptances in October. Once I was in I was instantly in slacker mode lol. Now I have 9 months to kill before pharmacy school starts.

ExpressMaiL

alea iacta est
                      10+ Year Member
                      Oct 26, 2007
                      You not it dates Summer kuh
                      1. Pharmacist
                        Man I applied really early and was basically one of the first groups to interview for the 4 pharmacy schools in my sig. I found out of acceptances in October. Once I was in I was instantly in slacker mode lol. Now I have 9 months to kill before pharmacy school starts.

Enjoy the free time... while it's still around.

phathead

Future World Drug Lord
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        10+ Year Member
                        Sep 13, 2009
                        1. Pharmacy Student
                          For all those Dexter watchers... what if the last 5 mins of the finale weren't real, and they were simply an illusion of Dexter's? :confused:

It probably was real, and this is just me not wanting to accept it.

Judging from the interviews with the directors, and the fact that Julie Benz is going to Broadway (or something of that nature) I'd say it wasn't a dream sequence.

I still do not really know how I feel about the whole thing lol

phathead

Future World Drug Lord
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          10+ Year Member
                          Sep 13, 2009
                          1. Pharmacy Student
                            Awww did not know that... :(
                            Can't wait for next season!

The wife brought up a good point. How are they gonna explain away the fact she was killed Trinity style? I mean Quinn's already up his butt to begin with, and that's gonna look really strange since it doesn't fit with his normal plan

About the Ads
                            This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            7. This thread is locked.