How are you preparing for the NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkyrx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of our board regulars getting ready to take the NAPLEX?

I'm going to be taking it sometime within the next month and I have to admit that studying for it seems quite overwhelming. How are you guys preparing? I've been trying to just read through the APhA book and take a few notes on areas that I'm not as familiar with, but there is just soo much material.

I've heard many people say that most of us could pass this exam without even opening a book, but I don't want to risk it. It's also a bit intimidating that we are the first big group of students to be taking the "new" NAPLEX. Surely they didn't make it more difficult, right? :laugh: :thumbdown: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take it in like 5 days. I feel sick about it. I am so afraid of failing. I have been studying for more than a month, but still feel overwhelmed. There is surely alot that I know, but I feel like there are so many things they could ask that I wouldn't know. I keep thinking about postponing it, but I am afraid I would just keep pushing it back.
I hear from some pharmacists that it is not a big deal, that I will be fine and should just take it, "remember it's minimum competency". However I also hear from other people that you need to know compounding and top 300 inside and out, chemo, etc. and I have heard of people from my school that have failed last year. uuugghhh! If it is not that hard then how do people fail?

I took the exam last month and I passed. I didn't think I did well but I got 99 which is not too bad. Don't forget to study on herbal medicines and memorize the brand and generic names as much as you can. Don't worry, you guys will be fine.

i've been studying semi-hardcore for the past 1 and 1/2 weeks. I've been getting a little stressed about the test, but am just hoping that all the info i've been studying and retaining will show up on the test! So far I'm only studying from the APhA book. My friend says that about 15% of the book has mistakes (discovered by a pharmacy resident whose job was to find all the mistakes in the book). I've found some mistakes myself that I've corrected but I'm ok with the book. I'm taking the Kaplan review class the week before my test (I'm taking the NAPLEX June 24). My plan is to study everything before the review so that I know what minor details I should focus on. I think it will be ok. Just don't stress out! You might loose important info like the blackbox warning for Depakote on fatal hepatotoxicity and fatal hemorrhagic pancreatitis! hehe... (make sure you know that =P)