How bad are B+s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imbackasd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just ended up this semester with 3 straight B+s in upper level classes like Biochemistry.

fucajshdjasnd really annoyed and mad at my self.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They are better than Bs? You should be fine, just don't make it a habbit.

Just ended up this semester with 3 straight B+s in upper level classes like Biochemistry.

Avoid them as much as you can, but it's not the end of the world if you have a few B's. Get A's next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have half As and half Bs on your transcript, you are at a 3.5 gpa, which is better than a lot of people who get into DO school.

Quit worrying.

I generally rate them as equivalent to a 3.3 GPA, somewhat better than C's and not quite as good as A's...

I generally rate them as equivalent to a 3.3 GPA, somewhat better than C's and not quite as good as A's...

A B+ is a 3.3...a C is a 2.0. Big difference. At most schools a B+ is an 87-89%, which is definitely respectable. You should be happy your school gives B+s, because otherwise you'd have a B for an 89, which sucks.

my last quarter before applying I had two C's.

Of coarse one was in quantum chem

A B+ is a 3.3...a C is a 2.0. Big difference. At most schools a B+ is an 87-89%, which is definitely respectable. You should be happy your school gives B+s, because otherwise you'd have a B for an 89, which sucks.

Tell me about it. In my grad program my biostats course professor gave me a B for an 88. Not too happy but there was nothing I could do. Thankfully that was the only course with that grade assignment policy.

:sleep:

Story of my f-ing life