Jan 9, 2012
Status
Just ended up this semester with 3 straight B+s in upper level classes like Biochemistry.

fucajshdjasnd really annoyed and mad at my self.

Last edited:

dntke1518

7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They are better than Bs? You should be fine, just don't make it a habbit.

5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Just ended up this semester with 3 straight B+s in upper level classes like Biochemistry.

Avoid them as much as you can, but it's not the end of the world if you have a few B's. Get A's next semester.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
You're fine; quit fussing.

shaggybill

10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
The Sunny South
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you have half As and half Bs on your transcript, you are at a 3.5 gpa, which is better than a lot of people who get into DO school.

Quit worrying.

Beandog

5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I generally rate them as equivalent to a 3.3 GPA, somewhat better than C's and not quite as good as A's...

May 3, 2012
Status
I generally rate them as equivalent to a 3.3 GPA, somewhat better than C's and not quite as good as A's...
A B+ is a 3.3...a C is a 2.0. Big difference. At most schools a B+ is an 87-89%, which is definitely respectable. You should be happy your school gives B+s, because otherwise you'd have a B for an 89, which sucks.

Dec 7, 2010
The nati'
Status
Medical Student

my last quarter before applying I had two C's.

Of coarse one was in quantum chem

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
Apr 17, 2012
Status
Medical Student
A B+ is a 3.3...a C is a 2.0. Big difference. At most schools a B+ is an 87-89%, which is definitely respectable. You should be happy your school gives B+s, because otherwise you'd have a B for an 89, which sucks.
Tell me about it. In my grad program my biostats course professor gave me a B for an 88. Not too happy but there was nothing I could do. Thankfully that was the only course with that grade assignment policy.

Judas

Removed
May 4, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
:sleep:
Story of my f-ing life