how bad are unsubsidized loans?

Started by Nicepharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nicepharm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm concerned about my unsubsidized loans. Just subs. just won't cut it anymore. I'm rolling about 10K over into unsubs. loans. How bad will that be in the 4 year run? Are the interest on those things bad?
 
Nicepharm said:
I'm concerned about my unsubsidized loans. Just subs. just won't cut it anymore. I'm rolling about 10K over into unsubs. loans. How bad will that be in the 4 year run? Are the interest on those things bad?


I didn't know they were that bad until I read this thread "How much unsubsidized loan to borrow? "

Still considered a dependent so I couldn't borrow a lot of money so I was not really concerned. Now, I'm thinking "I thought the government was helping me out"