• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

How bad did I mess up?

gsims2

2+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
When inserting my PS into AACOMAS yesterday, I was forced to take out indentations due to character limit. So I did and double-checked and double-checked again.
This morning I checked and 2 indentations ? were back and it cut off 4 letters, leaving me with a grammatical error. Obviously I can't do anything about it now. How bad is something like this going to hurt me?

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
  1. Medical Student
When inserting my PS into AACOMAS yesterday, I was forced to take out indentations due to character limit. So I did and double-checked and double-checked again.
This morning I checked and 2 indentations ? were back and it cut off 4 letters, leaving me with a grammatical error. Obviously I can't do anything about it now. How bad is something like this going to hurt me?
1. I’m assuming you submitted already?
2. You could always call/email AACOMAS, but of course they would have to resubmit your application to all schools you initially added.

gsims2

2+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
1. I’m assuming you submitted already?
2. You could always call/email AACOMAS, but of course they would have to resubmit your application to all schools you initially added.
Yes submitted yesterday. Was rechecking things this morning and saw that. I sent an email, I'm sure I won't hear anything until Monday.

About the Ads

Medmusicmagic23

Aug 16, 2019
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A lot of students get psyched out about their essays in applications. No one knows which schools or how many schools will care about the error. It may depend on how much they like the essay to begin with.....But first and foremost, schools care about the numbers. gpa and mcat. If those are solid, then no, you will not be denied interviews because of something like that.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.