How bad do W's look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joshgreypod

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad do 6 W's look on a transcript? I have 5 from my 4-year university (1 in gen chem freshmen year) (2 W's in orgo 1) and some from my history classes my freshmen year in which I withdrew due to scheduling conflicts and 1 from a dual credit English class I took in High school. They are scattered thru my first 3 years but I have solid reasons for them. My cgpa is a 3.4 and my science gpa is a 3.2. I know the orgo 1 W's look bad but I withdrew due to contracting covid and mental health issues I was dealing with the following semester but I am currently acing the class right now and on an upward trend. How bad does this look?

Edit: Also I'm pre-pod not pre-optometry so ignore the username lol

Members don't see this ad.

not an issue.

curious though, why the switch?

Reactions: 2 users
I had 2 W's and got accepted. Did 5 interviews and was not asked about any of them (Took a W in a Spanish class my 3rd year and a W for a summer physiology course this past year that I had no business taking). GPAs look good so congrats on the upward trend. Do well on the MCAT and I am sure you will be fine in terms of acceptances. Just give the honest explanation for why they happened if it comes up and how you learned from them. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
not an issue.

curious though, why the switch?
Shadowing helped me decide tbh and I like how wide of scope podiatry offers in what you can do. I'm also very interested in sports medicine and didn't really know much about podiatry until maybe a year ago. Optometry is also amazing but I feel like in 30-40 years I might've wanted to do more than prescribing eyeglasses.

I had 2 W's and got accepted. Did 5 interviews and was not asked about any of them (Took a W in a Spanish class my 3rd year and a W for a summer physiology course this past year that I had no business taking). GPAs look good so congrats on the upward trend. Do well on the MCAT and I am sure you will be fine in terms of acceptances. Just give the honest explanation for why they happened if it comes up and how you learned from them. Best of luck!
Congrats on the acceptence! Also do you know if they look more into science gpa or bcp? My bcp (3.0) is slightly lower than my science.

How bad do 6 W's look on a transcript? I have 5 from my 4-year university (1 in gen chem freshmen year) (2 W's in orgo 1) and some from my history classes my freshmen year in which I withdrew due to scheduling conflicts and 1 from a dual credit English class I took in High school. They are scattered thru my first 3 years but I have solid reasons for them. My cgpa is a 3.4 and my science gpa is a 3.2. I know the orgo 1 W's look bad but I withdrew due to contracting covid and mental health issues I was dealing with the following semester but I am currently acing the class right now and on an upward trend. How bad does this look?

Edit: Also I'm pre-pod not pre-optometry so ignore the username lol

I had 3 Ws, I think 1 from orgo 1, one some math class, and 1 language class. Be able to explain why you withdrew, should be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Shadowing helped me decide tbh and I like how wide of scope podiatry offers in what you can do. I'm also very interested in sports medicine and didn't really know much about podiatry until maybe a year ago. Optometry is also amazing but I feel like in 30-40 years I might've wanted to do more than prescribing eyeglasses.
Exact reason why i switched to podiatry 4 years ago and never looked back. Nothing wrong with optometry- just not what I wanted in terms of intensity.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the acceptence! Also do you know if they look more into science gpa or bcp? My bcp (3.0) is slightly lower than my science.
Realistically, science matters more.

If you're not socially incompetent (which I don't think you are), you will be fine.