How bad does a couple a W's look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apothecman

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in undergrad and I have a W from last year and am thinking about withdrawing from a class and taking a W just so I can keep my scholarship (need to be in 15 each semester) so that would put me at two W's total in undergrad. I have a pretty good gpa and everything but just want to see in two W's would hurt my chances very much.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you have a reason ready in interviews you're fine. I had 3 total W's and was asked about them in ALL 3 of my interviews this cycle (I was accepted to all 3 schools so apparently my excuse was good enough).

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently in undergrad and I have a W from last year and am thinking about withdrawing from a class and taking a W just so I can keep my scholarship (need to be in 15 each semester) so that would put me at two W's total in undergrad. I have a pretty good gpa and everything but just want to see in two W's would hurt my chances very much.

It's fine, be able to explain why you got em. What is a pretty good GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 3 W and got into 2 schools.

I had 2 WPs (withdraw pass) and didn’t have any problems getting into each of my schools i applied to. They did ask about them. I simply said I was working full time while going to undergrad and they basically told me that I cannot do that while I am in podiatry school, I said okay, and they didn’t ask about it after.

How would two W's look with a 3.2cGPA? One W is not even in a science course, and I like to think my reasons for the W's are pretty valid. Just want to make sure that I am not blemishing my application too much. Thanks guys!

How would two W's look with a 3.2cGPA? One W is not even in a science course, and I like to think my reasons for the W's are pretty valid. Just want to make sure that I am not blemishing my application too much. Thanks guys!

it should be fine, be able to explain why you withdrew if asked. I had 3 Ws ( 1 in orgo) and did fine in terms of acceptance.

it should be fine, be able to explain why you withdrew if asked. I had 3 Ws ( 1 in orgo) and did fine in terms of acceptance.
Thank you for the response. One W is in Spanish, the other one is physiology. Again, I feel as though I will be able to explain myself fairly well, I just don't want it to be a huge turn off to schools when it comes to granting interviews. Thank you again for the insight, I greatly appreciate it!