How bad does this look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy4clana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you failed 2 classes but plan to retake them. If you do a lot better your second time around will dental schools be more forgiving? I can still pursue dental school right?

Members don't see this ad.

If you retook the classes that you failed and passed. Don't waste your time taking it again... just work hard and get A's on your next classes. If needed, work on a post-bach program or masters.

Good luck

What two classes? It never looks good failing any class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gen Chem and Calc ugh...I'm really banking on trying to get all A's and doing well on the DAT. I hope my chances aren't shot though.

Not shot. Do as well as you can on the DAT, especially the GChem.
First you ,must retake the gen chem and get a good score. This is more important than calc.

Let's say you failed 2 classes but plan to retake them. If you do a lot better your second time around will dental schools be more forgiving? I can still pursue dental school right?

Yup, just be ready to explain why you failed and that you take responsibility over the failures. In addition you may want to add what you learned from such failures. Ex: You learned from it and are now more motivated from such poor grades.

I failed cal and got in this round. It all depends how your gpa stands and # of upper level sciences with As to show that you learned from your mistakes. If your gpa is low then taking more classes as a non-degree student may be in order.

I got a C in GChem 1, and a D in GChem 2. Retook it to get a C. Got a 21 in the GC section of the DAT. Did reasonably well (Mostly Bs, one A) in OChem. Got a 22 in the OC section. Hasn't been a problem so far.

-Cyrus