How bad is a W on my transcript?

Started by LMAGZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LMAGZ

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not doing so well in a class right now and I am thinking of dropping it. It is past census day so I would have a "W" on my transcript. How bad is a W? Is it worse than lowering my GPA?
 
I think your question was answered fairly thoroughly by experts in this thread:

 
I am not doing so well in a class right now and I am thinking of dropping it. It is past census day so I would have a "W" on my transcript. How bad is a W? Is it worse than lowering my GPA?
It's a common Prima delusion that a w is worse than an f. It's not. Scattered multiple W's over your transcript telegraphs the GPA Salvage or protection. Those are the W's that are bad.