How Bad Is It???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worseluck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I basically attended a CC for my first year and got a lot of easy A's and B's.
I then transfered to a 4 Year University and not that It was a lot harder I just wasn't very focused in the new environment. I got caught up in the college lifestyle. So I got my first " D " and it had to be in Anatomy and that's not like me cause I'm super smart, but I will retake it immediately and get my " A "
My CC grades was a 3.6 and now with my ****** grades added on it is a 3.0.
I just need to know, realistically speaking is there any hope or a small chance that I can still get in pharmacy school seeing that my future grades will be godlike.

Members don't see this ad.

One D, or even a couple of bad grades, aren't going to kill ya. You just need to keep your head in the game from now on and show your commitment. There are other people on this board who have gotten in with a few bad grades.

just as long as you don't keep up those 'D' grades.... you should be fine.... one bad grade is not going to detrimentally hurt you. I'm sure it is pretty common for adcoms to see a C or D on a student's transcript....

just make sure to improve and work harder the next time you take that same class... same for any other class you take. keep focus and you will do fine... don't worry too much about that one bad grade. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I then transfered to a 4 Year University and not that It was a lot harder I just wasn't very focused in the new environment. I got caught up in the college lifestyle. So I got my first " D " and it had to be in Anatomy and that's not like me cause I'm super smart, but I will retake it immediately and get my " A "
I just need to know, realistically speaking is there any hope or a small chance that I can still get in pharmacy school seeing that my future grades will be godlike.

You need to maintain a minimum gpa and science of 3.0 to be considered for most schools. That's very doable this early in the game. One D or even a few more bad grades can be remedied.

There are a ton of factors for admittance to pharm school, and only 1 D which you re-take isn't going to kill your app.

Thanx.... I really appriciate all the advice

Isnt' the WF just mean withdrawal, like droping a class?

I like your confidence.

To the OP: you have a chance still, because I'm assuming you don't have many units under your belt if your gpa drops from a 3.6 to a 3.0 because of one grade. Just make sure your grades from now on are "godlike".

Did you get a "D" in Composition? I immigrated to the U.S not too long ago, and my English proficiency is not so impressive either. I see a lot of errors in your sentences on this thread, so you definitely need to work on that.

p.s I really shouldn't have been the person to point that out to you because I usually make numerous amount of errors when I write. :eek: Oh well..

And how do "super smart" people make D';s?

Procrastination and/or laziness. Unless you think people who procrastinate and are lazy must not be all the smart. In which case, I'm not sure. I got 2 D's in intro to visual art. (replaced the 1st D with the 2nd:rolleyes:) For me it was a lack of interest in the subject, but eh..smart doesn't cover all subjects I guess.

W= Withdrawal after university census date.
WF= Withdrawal with a failing grade at the time of withdrawal. Some universities use this to see if people are dropping to save their GPA. Hence WF generally considered worse than just a W.

PCAT is obviously very important as well, so if your GPA is low, make it up on the PCAT and make sure you are involved in your community. Write an AWESOME personal statement and make them interested in you.

Last edited: