How behind are schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed845

Reaction score
Starting to feel stressed out and concerned. Just how far behind are schools due to covid? Do we think a larger number of interviews will be sent out in the new year than usual?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Starting to feel stressed out and concerned. Just how far behind are schools due to covid? Do we think a larger number of interviews will be sent out in the new year than usual?
Totally depends on the school, and the best place to source this type of info is probably on the school specific threads. Some schools are behind while others aren't. In addition, all schools are dealing with an unexpected crush of applications, which is also causing delays in getting through all of them. Based on everything that has been posted, it seems that, yes, more IIs than usual remain to be given out, but it's also true that the majority of IIs have already been given out at most schools. Good luck!!!

If my school is a guide, I don't foresee more IIs going out, as it's a more competitive cycle, and and it's easier to interview p[people via Zoom. For the first time ever, we're now interviewing for the wait list starting in the first week of January. We normally have this happen in March/April.

Here's the healthiest way to look at this situation, even though it freaks out the tender snowflakes in this forum: you are rejected until you get that accept email in your Inbox, and should be working on Plan B accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
If my school is a guide, I don't foresee more IIs going out, as it's a more competitive cycle, and and it's easier to interview p[people via Zoom. For the first time ever, we're now interviewing for the wait list starting in the first week of January. We normally have this happen in March/April.

Here's the healthiest way to look at this situation, even though it freaks out the tender snowflakes in this forum: you are rejected until you get that accept email in your Inbox, and should be working on Plan B accordingly.
Do you think the amount of applicants will decrease in 1-2 years as economy is supposed to recover under the new administration?