How can I exacerbate my myopia?

Started by mexon
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexon

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this seems kinda a stupid question but I need guidance on how to make my eyes more myopic.
In my country, one will be exempted from military service if one's sum of two eyes myopia is -10 diopters or more. Currently mine is 8. I'd rather have weaker vision than waste 2 years serving military in a dictator regime.
So do you know any methods/drugs to exacerbate myopia in 6 months?

Thanks in advance.
 
I know this seems kinda a stupid question but I need guidance on how to make my eyes more myopic.
In my country, one will be exempted from military service if one's sum of two eyes myopia is -10 diopters or more. Currently mine is 8. I'd rather have weaker vision than waste 2 years serving military in a dictator regime.
So do you know any methods/drugs to exacerbate myopia in 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

How old are you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is really no legitimate way to do it. Theoretically you could have LASIK to make your eyes worse. . . wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not an advocate for dishonesty but if you are that desperate to get out of it you could try memorizing the eye chart and if you have access to a phoropter then play around with it so you can recognize when you are being shown plus lenses vs minus lenses above and beyond your normal correction. During the test always choose minus up to the point that gets you myopic enough.

Lots of things can go wrong with this--if they use an autorefractor instead of just manifest refraction you are hosed. Also if you memorize an eye chart and they happen to use a different one it would be bad news.
 
I know this seems kinda a stupid question but I need guidance on how to make my eyes more myopic.
In my country, one will be exempted from military service if one's sum of two eyes myopia is -10 diopters or more. Currently mine is 8. I'd rather have weaker vision than waste 2 years serving military in a dictator regime.
So do you know any methods/drugs to exacerbate myopia in 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

I'm recommending this thread for closure. SDN is not the place to ask for medical advice but it certainly is not the place to ask for medical advice that will HARM you. My God.
 
What VA'sdo they require. One cane be corrected using -8.00 lenses, but what if the best you can see is 20/50?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.