How can I get FM Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shayaan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I need your advice please
I am FMG and after I got married I moved to US because my housband was us citizen
my credential is step one 86 second attempt
step two 88 second attempt
cs passed frist attempt
my graduation year is 1995
I have been working as a FM for 6 years in my home country and I have alots of experiances.and in usa I have been doind volunteering in the ER of university hospital from 2007, I have done externship in adult and pediatric office, , research assistance and observership in university hospitaland all of them with recomendation letters this is my 3th years that I am appling for residency and I have never had a single IV
I dont want to play victim role I belive in hard work and dont quit so I NEED YOUR sincer advice regarding geting FM residency what should I do?What I have to do to improve my cv to be good enough for FM residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I need your advice please
I am FMG and after I got married I moved to US because my housband was us citizen
my credential is step one 86 second attempt
step two 88 second attempt
cs passed frist attempt
my graduation year is 1995
I have been working as a FM for 6 years in my home country and I have alots of experiances.and in usa I have been doind volunteering in the ER of university hospital from 2007, I have done externship in adult and pediatric office, , research assistance and observership in university hospitaland all of them with recomendation letters this is my 3th years that I am appling for residency and I have never had a single IV
I dont want to play victim role I belive in hard work and dont quit so I NEED YOUR sincer advice regarding geting FM residency what should I do?What I have to do to improve my cv to be good enough for FM residency.

It seems you have done quite a bit to at least make up for the shortcomings in your application which you obviously can't change. Unfortunately FM is becoming quite competitive for IMGs. Have you tried applying to IM? Are you applying to enough/the correct programs? Perhaps you could speak with any of your preceptors/letter writers and see if they would be willing to put in a word for you in their program or any other program?
I mean its obviously tough and near impossible to get in with your kind of stats especially the year of graduation but you hear stories of pple with similar credentials who made it into residency especially if you have someone on the inside who has worked with you and can vouch for you.

i think the answer is fairly easy....tk step 3

thankyou so much for replying I was thinking that IM is more competetive so I did not apply for all program that I am qualify for but I applied for all FM program that I am qualified for but no luck so far.and you are right I have seen people with situation worse than me have got match . I am getting ready for step 3 I will try my best this timebut also I need a contact too again thank u so much guys for taking time and reply