MD How can I improve my application for 2023-24 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
sGPA 3.92 cGPA 3.94
Undergrad - Large Private University
MCAT - yet to take (Jan date)
ORM, Mass resident
Clinical Exp - 700+ hours (as paid MA) and 100 hours (as patient care volunteer)
Research Exp - 360 hours (publication on the way - only 2nd author)
Shadowing - 80 hours
Non-clinical Volunteering - 120 hours (at food pantry) and 60 more hours (underserved children, people with disabilities, American Cancer Society, Alzheimer's' Elders House)
Leadership - Volunteer Leader for 2 clubs for 1-2 years

I need to know what I can improve on or try to add on to have a shot at any decent medical school. I will base my school list after I take my MCAT.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Gain some more volunteering to the underserved. You can continue your activities with the food pantry and focus on gaining more with one of the groups you have listed under 60 hours (such as people with disabilities). By application time, you could have 250+ hours of non-clinical volunteering then.

When you receive an MCAT score, let us know so we can help construct a list.

Good luck on the MCAT.

For what it's worth, you are on your way to "check the boxes" IMO. That's nice but won't guarantee you an II or A.

What are you looking for in a school? Have you done any networking with schools of interest in your list? What are you really passionate about? Why should anyone want you as a colleague or classmate?

Have your started writing your secondary application essays? Secured LORs? Committee letters? Plans for Casper or PREview? PS?