How... colorful is your student class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axelz165

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a top 10 pharmacy school. Yet the quality of my classmates is... questionable at best.
  • We have a guy who's been convicted of 3 DUIs (2 while in school), has had his license suspended and has to bicycle to school
  • a guy who openly talks about his criminal history and is a grade A misogynistic douchebag. Several female students have lodged complaints against him to no avail.
  • several females i can only describe as classless and have no idea how to dress professionally
  • 6 people in our class who failed out from the class above us (who are STILL struggling)
  • and a whole plethora of people who struggle with basic scientific concepts (nerve cells, stoichiometry, etc...)
Such a disappointing quality of students accepted at a "top pharmacy school". Really puts into perspective the state of pharmacy school/the profession as a whole

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I go to a top 10 pharmacy school. Yet the quality of my classmates is... questionable at best.
  • We have a guy who's been convicted of 3 DUIs (2 while in school), has had his license suspended and has to bicycle to school
  • a guy who openly talks about his criminal history and is a grade A misogynistic douchebag. Several female students have lodged complaints against him to no avail.
  • several females i can only describe as classless and have no idea how to dress professionally
  • 6 people in our class who failed out from the class above us (who are STILL struggling)
  • and a whole plethora of people who struggle with basic scientific concepts (nerve cells, stoichiometry, etc...)
Such a disappointing quality of students accepted at a "top pharmacy school". Really puts into perspective the state of pharmacy school/the profession as a whole

nobody cares or ranks pharmacy schools...you either go to an established school or the newer diploma mills. And yes, I do agree...the quality of new hires at my job is pretty bad----either my company is scraping the bottom of the barrel or the new grads are pretty iffy in terms of attitude, work ethics, and competence.

nobody cares or ranks pharmacy schools...you either go to an established school or the newer diploma mills. And yes, I do agree...the quality of new hires at my job is pretty bad----either my company is scraping the bottom of the barrel or the new grads are pretty iffy in terms of attitude, work ethics, and competence.

Sounds like job security.

#ClassesOfTheTwentyAughtsMasterRace

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it is the problem everywhere now (apart from IT) :(

My pharmacy class didn't have those issues and I go to a top 5 pharmacy school. They have all been excellent to decent students, no suspicious criminal backgrounds and no one so far has failed out. Most of them got jobs/residencies after schooling.

In the pharm school's defense, they don't know much or care about how classy you are. You just need to make it through the application and the interview. There are trashy people in every profession. My old dentist ate ramen noodles at the front desk on her break and yelled at her hygienist in front of everyone. There are people failing out in medical, dental, pharm, nursing, etc.

And the idea that new pharm graduates are lower quality is all retrospective. In the old days, you got hired straight out whether or not you were the top or bottom of the class. You need EXPERIENCE to get better. Now since there's so many schools, you get a mix of mediocre and good students.

If you think the school and profession are doing so poorly, you should've researched more about their stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Get ready for all of these trashy people to end up matching for PGY-1, getting middle management jobs at Wal-Mart, and generally just doing a lot better than you want them to.
LOL

Reactions: 10 users

How do the girls dress?

My school accepts "second chance" students who weren't successful at other schools. We also have many international students, probably the majority of our class. We have the few elite who strive to be the perfect pharmacist and those who are here because they're smart and know they can take a cake walk on our entire class when they want. We have a really nice mixture. As far as clothing, some wear very nice professional clothing and others wear very very casual casual clothing. I like a mix because at the end of the day, it's how you do. Even if your class has a terrible NAPLEX pass rate, as long as you did well - you should be able to reach your goals.

I guess it is the problem everywhere now (apart from IT) :(

Are you out of your mind :)? IT employees are always the group that doesn't follow the dress code or rules in an organization, because they control what is needed to screw everyone.

As for the provocative dress, it's all just practice for their future $175,000 Medical Science Liaison jobs. It takes hard work to do no work at all. That said, I feel for you. I have to teach classes like this. Do you know how embarrassing it is to be aroused on the lecturn?

As for your douchebag, haven't had the pleasure of that experience yet, but it was the cocktail talk of the season:
Pharmacy professor faces no penalty for beating student

And he still teaches! Heard that left hook of his is unreal:
Christopher (Shawn) Holaway, PharmD

Reactions: 1 users
Are you out of your mind :)? IT employees are always the group that doesn't follow the dress code or rules in an organization, because they control what is needed to screw everyone.

As for the provocative dress, it's all just practice for their future $175,000 Medical Science Liaison jobs. It takes hard work to do no work at all. That said, I feel for you. I have to teach classes like this. Do you know how embarrassing it is to be aroused on the lecturn?

As for your douchebag, haven't had the pleasure of that experience yet, but it was the cocktail talk of the season:

Haha! You are so right about IT.

You were aroused while giving a lecture? o_O:wow:

hah oh that's my bad. I should have pointed out that I meant it about competence. regarding dress code and rules in general - yeah, most often they are totally ignored

hah oh that's my bad. I should have pointed out that I meant it about competence. regarding dress code and rules in general - yeah, most often they are totally ignored

I know an informatics pharmacist that asked someone how to save a copy of an Excel document, asked how to use Amazon, and has repeatedly failed to understand the most basic concepts of the system he is the primary builder of. He's in his 30s. Nepotism at work, folks.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know an informatics pharmacist that asked someone how to save a copy of an Excel document, asked how to use Amazon, and has repeatedly failed to understand the most basic concepts of the system he is the primary builder of. He's in his 30s. Nepotism at work, folks.

Man, how is this even possible in your 30s?

Reactions: 1 users
Man, how is this even possible in your 30s?
"I'm not good with computers" - The man whose job is literally 100% focused on using computers

Reactions: 3 users
I had a doc - not old - never heard of uber or how we had to teach him how to use it - but then again - he wasn't in IT

That's probably windows 10, it takes time to get is to

My school accepts "second chance" students who weren't successful at other schools. We also have many international students, probably the majority of our class. We have the few elite who strive to be the perfect pharmacist and those who are here because they're smart and know they can take a cake walk on our entire class when they want. We have a really nice mixture. As far as clothing, some wear very nice professional clothing and others wear very very casual casual clothing. I like a mix because at the end of the day, it's how you do. Even if your class has a terrible NAPLEX pass rate, as long as you did well - you should be able to reach your goals.
How do you know about all of them? I was just wondering if there is like 200 people at class.

How do you know about all of them? I was just wondering if there is like 200 people at class.

Even with a class size of 200, everyone typically takes all the same classes/you are with your class all day during the week, as well as organizations after class and many weekends doing health fairs. You will get to know everyone pretty well. Pharmacy school is also worse than high school, so you'll hear plenty of gossip.

Reactions: 4 users
Right, think of spending 3 years hanging out with the same people for most of the time. You better believe you know who is doing what on rotations, whose taken/passed their boards, etc. At times it feels like there is little you don't know about everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Right, think of spending 3 years hanging out with the same people for most of the time. You better believe you know who is doing what on rotations, whose taken/passed their boards, etc. At times it feels like there is little you don't know about everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

I avoided this by talking to pretty much none of them other than a select handful.

I never complained about the pretty girls in my class being ho-ish. Wtf is wrong with this generation.
Exactly my thoughts . When I'm sitting on my deathbed I will think back to these times and be like "gosh I miss pharmacy school"

Some guy in our class was arrested for kidnapping.. But he was still able to attend class.

I have like 130 people in my class and that already seems like too much to handle. can't imagine 250. :diebanana: