How come First Aid only has certain topics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaoming

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering, why does step 1 First Aid review only have certain topics? Is embryology, genetics, histology not that important? How come things like anatomy, biochem, those guys are in there? Should I not worry at all the topics not included in First Aid?

Members don't see this ad.

First Aid is designed to give you what you need the most. If you have time to study more, feel free. But you should know everything in First Aid COLD.

-Mary

I agree 100 %. If it ain't in First Aid, then it ain't on the exam. No use worrying yourself about other stuff.

genetics and embryology is not on the test?? you're kidding me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you sound quite a bit like a gunner. I am NOT a gunner. I did well on the step 1 and 2 exams, but if it wasn't covered in a question on a practice test or in first aid, I didn't bother.

If you are going into optho or ortho or derm, go ahead and study everything.

Remember, you need to know histology to know pathology. And genetics is so low yield it's stupid. Your time is better spent elsewhere.

-Mary

Originally posted by yaoming
genetics and embryology is not on the test?? you're kidding me.

relax dude. don't wad your panties in a tizzy for something so stupid. you're gonna get a thombosis before you make it to 30. look, there aint no need to be spoon fed answers to such questions. look in first aid and you'll see that genetics and embryo are covered.