How common is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

This is how like...all personal statements are. There's gonna be quite a bit of overlap in many respects with many applicants. Like, probably >50% volunteered abroad etc etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you're talking about mine lol. Like the others have said, every good personal statement will have the same general "I love science, I want to help people, here are some experiences that show it."
 
Well, think about experiences outside of your clinical and science exposure that may have bolstered your desire to become a doctor.

Some people do athletics, teaching, working in sanitation.... Look deep down at any experience you may have dismissed and be creative.
 
Thanks for the help guys!
Fight me.
...are you saying this even after seeing my latest fight video?
funny-gif-little-kids-fighting-karate.gif