How competitive are away rotations for surgical subs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RockClimberMed

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 4 programs hoping to do 3 aways for a surgical subspecialty. My advisor wasnt too clear on how many I should apply to in order get 3. I applied to all of them within 2 days of the application being open...did I screw myself by not applying the minute it opened?

Do most schools actually look through the CVs and stuff? Some of them didnt even require a personal statement. Should I have applied to more? I know its hard to tell since yall cant see my CV, but is there a general consensus?