How competitive would I be for USUHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuckleberryEven

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm gearing up for the 2023 application cycle and USUHS is one of my top choices and I was wondering how competitive I would be for the school.

Stats: 3.75/3.65, 515

Clinical Service Hours: 300 in a cardiovascular rehab clinic as a volunteer, 200 as a hospice volunteer, doing more hours during my application cycle: projected would be 500 and 350 respectively.

Non-Clinical Service Hours: 350 hours as online crisis counselor, 500 in a Red Cross leadership position that started as a volunteer position (I'd say 200 of the 500), 200 at a homeless shelter. Doing more at the homeless shelter (prolly 400) and the crisis counselor (600).

Research: Honors thesis with probable first author publication and confirmed poster, political psychology/health policy research with probable second author publication and a confirmed poster, and policy research with Army with presentation to leadership. The research with the Army is honestly what made me interested in a military medicine career and it's something I plan on mentioning/bringing up in my secondaries.

Miscellaneous: Was part of the Student Assembly and ancillary student government positions for three years (500 hours ish), doing a health policy internship over the summer.

Gap Year: Public Health Americorps that is part-time (750 hours)

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good chance for an interview. Your stats are good and they offer interviews to over 20% of applicants who complete secondaries.