How damaging is a pass for 4th year AI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FattySlug

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for IM this year and just got an email from the clerkship director that I am going to get a pass for my medicine AI. There is some grade inflation at my school so high pass is expected and pass basically means you are f***. At least that's how I interpret it. I got all high pass in 3rd year and clinically honor the medicine clerkship back then as well. Step 1 227 and still waiting for step 2. How dead am I with this? I am from cali and trying to go back home for residency if possible. Sometimes I feel like attendings just mark pass down the middle without realizing how important this is to the students.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for IM this year and just got an email from the clerkship director that I am going to get a pass for my medicine AI. There is some grade inflation at my school so high pass is expected and pass basically means you are f***. At least that's how I interpret it. I got all high pass in 3rd year and clinically honor the medicine clerkship back then as well. Step 1 227 and still waiting for step 2. How dead am I with this? I am from cali and trying to go back home for residency if possible. Sometimes I feel like attendings just mark pass down the middle without realizing how important this is to the students.

I would talk to your school and find out if it will even be on your ERAS at this point. My school uploaded our transcripts last week so I only have my away (Pass- we don't have honors at my school, we do A/B/C for AI/sub-I though) on there. You may be worried over nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
You're done bro, might as well not apply:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would talk to your school and find out if it will even be on your ERAS at this point. My school uploaded our transcripts last week so I only have my away (Pass- we don't have honors at my school, we do A/B/C for AI/sub-I though) on there. You may be worried over nothing.
They have not uploaded anything to I am sure it will be.