• Total voters

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
    Hi mary,

I would suggest in person. That way you can discuss with them what you are looking for them to write as well as give them a copy of your resume. Also if its been awhile they might not recognize the name off the bat but might recognize the face. I would never ask for a LOR over email or phone unless they were not in my area. Then I'd ask over the phone. Much more personal. :luck:

Sol Rosenberg

Long Live the New Flesh!
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 12, 2006
    Living in America
    1. Attending Physician
      While you really should do this in person, I had one Prof. that was REALLY busy (I think he was up for tenure.) When I tried to make an appointment to see him (he wasn't teaching classes that semester and didn't have any office hours,) he pretty much wouldn't agree to see me until I told him what it was about. I eventually asked him in email, and he said something like "Sure, I'd be happy to -- there's no need for you to stop by, just send me PDFs of your CV, etc."

I would highly recommend asking in person, however (which I did for all of my other LORs -- except for a former boss that now lives in India.)

About the Ads

Beau Geste

yah mo b there
      10+ Year Member
      Jun 10, 2005
      Between Heaven and Hell, benching like crazy
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Hi mary, I can't vote because I'm doing it both face to face and through e-mail. One professor I need a letter from in is Virginia and I'm in Illinois. So e-mail is the best option for me. I also asked my current A&P II instructor for one last Thursday after class (our class ends in 2 weeks).

Hope this helps.

albaniandoc

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        May 23, 2005
        1. Medical Student
          I called the college and found out that the professor was out for the summer so I send her an email. That worked. I mailed her a package with my info (PS, CV and transcripts) and then she mailed a letter to Interfolio.
          The second professor I went to see in the office.
          The third one I emailed and planning to see him soon.
          I think the best way to do it is to make an appointment and see them in person.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.