How did you become interested in dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sellingthings101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like teeth.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
looks like someone has trouble figuring why they "like" or "are interested in" or "love" dentistry and articulating it into a decent PS...

your PS should be like an Amazon review with a hundred upvotes...it needs specific details on why you like or don't like whatever

Reactions: 1 users
Posts like these really rustle my jimmies. If OP is trying to put together a PS, they they're doing it ALL backwards. You should know exactly why you want to be a dentist months if not a few years before you even apply.

Reconsider.

Members don't see this ad :)
Writing 'I like teeth' is not sufficient. Was there an instance in your life that made you choose Dentistry over another health field? If not an instance, what was your journey to liking dentistry?

What motivates you to pursue dentistry? Graduating from D-school is not going to make your the money you think it will. You're going to be in huge debt and you might end up taking many many years to pay it off. Can you still see yourself waking up in the morning and going to the Dental clinic with a smile on your face?

Answering yes to please the Adcoms is not sufficient. You need to truly answer this to yourself.

If I wanted money I'd go to medical school. I have a lot more connections in that area.