1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How did you go about getting a DO LOR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Green912, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    For those of you without a clear cut way to get a DO letter how did you go about getting one. I recently approached a DO who works in an ED that I frequently transport to, but the whole thing was pretty akward. What were some of your strategies?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Best way is to ask a DO if you can shadow him or her for a few months, or if you need the LOR now, a couple of times this week or over the next couple of weeks.

That way at least you can talk to your DO, and they can get to know you a little before writing the letter.

What I did was check my insurance list of doctors and noted the DO's in the area. Call some of them and see what happens. It is awkward, but it's just one of those things you have to do if you don't already know a DO.