How did you know you were ready to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhioGuy42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I’ve been studying for so long.. and i still don’t feel ready. I’ve done destroyer 2-3 times, watched chads, and I’m doing DAT Bootcamp now but I’m just so nervous that I’m not gonna know a lot and i have to score high because of my lower GPA..

Members don't see this ad.

I felt ready once I consistantly got desireable scores on the 2007 and 2009 Dat! Take those old DATs because they are very close to the real thing and are very good predictors for my real score at least...

Once my texts auto corrected from Clark to Claisen condensation, I knew I was ready.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like I’ve been studying for so long.. and i still don’t feel ready. I’ve done destroyer 2-3 times, watched chads, and I’m doing DAT Bootcamp now but I’m just so nervous that I’m not gonna know a lot and i have to score high because of my lower GPA..

Have you taken the 2007 and 2009 ADA exams? If so how did you score?

Dr Romano

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought taking the 2007 and 2009 exams helped build up some confidence. But I personally started to get annoyed with studying so much that my attitude changed from being nervous, to me just wanting to get this exam out of the way. That's when I knew I was ready

Reactions: 1 users
I kept a record of my practice scores. I saw that there was a slow incline and eventually, I consistently scored the same each time I took the test. I took that as a sign that my brain has reached capacity and I took the test. For everyone that time will vary but I allowed myself about 10-12 weeks time.

Along with 2007, 2009 exams, Bootcamp was a good indicator for me. I did all BC exams a second time and planned it out so that I would be taking the same test about 3 weeks later (so that I don't remember questions/ answers). If you score around your goal, you should be ready.