How did you react when you found out you were accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peaches84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was sitting in the library at school. Although I was elated, I couldn't shriek loudly nor did I have anyone to celebrate with because my girlfriend was in class. However, my sister was on Facebook at the time and I told her and she told my mom who told my dad...yaddayadda. So, I was excited, but it was rather uneventful. When I went to work and told everyone, they wrote it on the whiteboard and everyone would come into the IV room to tell me congratulations. It was pretty cool :) I went out to a celebratory dinner.

My second acceptance: I was at work and told my colleagues about it after I called my gf. I was actually in shock because I had been told I was put on the waitlist but they never actually gave me a ranking or anything. My colleagues congratulated me and everything, but then I agonized for a week about which school to pick. So, it actually kinda sucked.

My first reaction was, "WTF were they thinking accepting me?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I came across this thread awhile ago in the pre-med forum and I thought it would be fun to give it a try here. So here goes:

First, I will say I was blessed to get more than once acceptance.

First acceptance: Sitting at the computer in the school computer lab constantly refreshing my email, the email pops up with the word 'acceptance' in the subject line. I went totally numb (even my face, which made me think I was having a stroke) and opened the email. My friends (who were sitting next to me at the time) looked over, read the email and started shreiking on my behalf. We were all kicked out of the computer lab for being "disruptive" and went out for drinks, even though it was only 4 in the afternoon.

First choice: Started crying and jumping up and down at work when my mom called to tell me the packet came in the mail and I was accepted. A bunch of pharmacists, including the one that wrote me my LOR, were sitting in the breakroom (where I took the call) and congratulated me.

My husband got the email, and said something to the effect of "Oh My Goodness"...I knew he was checking the email, so of course I started badgering him to tell me. He read it to me and I went numb, I was stunned. I worked so hard to get here, and achieving such a major goal is just one of those moments.

Screamed very loudly :) All my hard work had payed off. Big celebration that night with my best friends. :thumbup:

Screamed very loudly :) All my hard work had payed off. Big celebration that night with my best friends. :thumbup:

Still waiting to celebrate! Hopefully after exams are done.

I was on my way home from the interview and I had that excruciating feeling that they liked me. And about half-way home, I got a phone call that they accepted me. I was happy I got accepted so soon and I was unhappy because the deposit was due real soon- before I hear from my top- choice. I ended up declining admission to that school. And haven't heard from my first choice as of yet...

My first acceptance I found out well I was at work. A couple of my friends were with me and they are bar tenders so I told my boss I was accepted, she sent me home early and we went out and had free drinks all night.

But I am still waiting on my number one choice to get back to me. If I get accepted there I'm going to Vegas and burning down Caesar's palace.

My first acceptance I found out well I was at work. A couple of my friends were with me and they are bar tenders so I told my boss I was accepted, she sent me home early and we went out and had free drinks all night.

But I am still waiting on my number one choice to get back to me. If I get accepted there I'm going to Vegas and burning down Caesar's palace.
Can you please burn the whole thing down so that my boyfriend stops going there and spending all the money?

I went to tootsie's and made it rain up in there!!!

got my first acceptance halfway through my last day at work, i quit due to the horrible environment. needless to say, it was the best 4 hours at that job.

got my last acceptance and one of my top choices early in the morning. i thought i was still asleep. so happy, i went out and ran 4 miles to get off cloud 9.

I'm sure most people were like this:

nflsuperbowlxlii20080203giantsvspat.gif

Or like this:

blackparty.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to celebrate! Hopefully after exams are done.

Ahhh I forgot you are still in school! Well you're almost done, right? You have definitely earned at least ONE night to celebrate your accomplishment!

I went to tootsie's and made it rain up in there!!!

LOL @ Tootsie's.

I'm very non-emotional (have been my whole life) so I was extremely excited, but I just chatted with the admissions lady for a few seconds and then told my boyfriend who was sleeping next to me at the time.

I love how we know where that is. :laugh:

They have a great lunch menu!

JK, I have no idea about their lunch menu, but one of my buddies goes there for lunch at least 3 times a week :laugh:

I was driving when I got the call, I pulled over on the side of the freeway to be sure I didn't miss anything. I played it cool on the phone but when I hung up I cried because I had almost given up and thank God I didn't. It took me about 5 minutes to gain my composure so I could drive again. My husband screamed LOL

After 6 years of being out of school, then deciding to turn my family life upside down by returning to school with a new dream, I was so relieved that my dream is starting to become a reality.

First acceptance: NUMBER 1 CHOICE - I was at work and our cell phones have bad signals, so it went straight to voicemail. So I checked the voicemail and it was the woman from admissions. I ran to the bathroom and called her back. I asked her to please tell me before I hyperventilate and pass out!:oops: She said I was accepted and I was so excited. I told the pharmacists I work with that were cheering me on and the other techs that I am close to (one pharmacist brought me candy, a balloon and a card as a congrats the next day).

Second acceptance: I received the email a few days after my first choice. I felt proud, but knew I was not accepting. So, though I didn't jump up and down, I felt extremely blessed and honored that they accepted me.

From March 1 till April 1, I stalked the mailman. Admissions said that acceptance/rejection letters would be sent out during the month of March. When April 1 came and still no mail, I was getting tired of the wait. On April 2, I went out of town to be with family.

That afternoon, I called my bf to check the mail. He said the letter I've been waiting for finally came. I was nervous, I asked him to wait for me so that we could open it together. Being a curious guy, he held the envelope up to the window to try to see through it. Then he shone a flashlight on the envelope. Then his heart raced. He had seen enough, just a fragment of a sentence, and it said, ".....been accepted." He was too excited, and told me over the phone I got in! I couldn't believe it. I made him scan the document and emailed it to me.

I was so elated. I told my family, close friends, and my principal investigator. That weekend turned into a weekend of BBQ and drinks with the family.

First acceptance: My mom read me the letter on the phone (it went to my permanent address just to be safe!). I said "no way" about 50 times.
Acceptance to what was originally my first choice school: I thought, oh. Now I have to decide what I want.

First acceptance was while I was at work. I got a text from my dad asking if he could open my letter and I said 'yes, as long as you tell me what it says no matter what.'

The next text just said 'congratulations.'

I proceeded to call him and say, are you serious? Are you sure? Does it have my name on it? Did they mail it to the right person? What does it say? ARE YOU SURE?? FAX IT TO ME.

Haha so he faxed my acceptance letter to work while my pharmacist, store manager and I were jumping up and down like crazy people.

I missed my third acceptance because someone called me and it was a 'wrong number' and a voicemail popped up shortly after. Boo on that person! Then it was anxiety on deciding between schools, but I feel really lucky to have choices to make!

First Acceptance: Was actually waitlisted but I somehow knew i was going to get in because i thought i did well at the interview and I think i look pretty good on paper. Got an email late in the afternoon with it saying ACCEPTANCE in the subject line. Not quite shocked but very excited that all the hard work had paid off.

Second Acceptance: Home State School - Preferred Choice. Got the letter in the mail yesterday, and drove off to class. On my way I decided to open it because i wasn't so sure about this school - had mixed feelings. When i saw the word congratulations, I almost ran off the road. Still in shock that I got in to both schools, but more so my home school as it is very competitive. Still waiting to celebrate in a big way lol.

I got a heavy envelop and kinda knew it had to be a good news (experienced from rejected letter was so light :(). Opened it and screamed "yes, finally !!!!!:xf:". My children asked "what happened? Can I read it?" then my oldest child said "momy, if you leave me, I wouldn't talk to you again". This was kinda hurt me though and my 1st tear dropped. I wasn't sure I cried because of happiness or what my daughter just said to me. Husband was quite the whole time. Finally he said "I let the kids talk to you". After all, I left the dinning room so confussing and till now I haven't made up my mind to continue my dream or stop it but the deposit was sent.

I looked at the computer screen at work stuck somewhere between jubilation and shock.....I wanted to jump up and down but I couldn't move. One of the pharmacists I work with saw the look on my face and looked over my shoulder and congratulated me, and that's when I snapped out of it and cracked a big smile:)

My acceptance packet was soaked. Water got into our mailbox during a massive storm, and of course no one went out to get the mail until well after it died down. So before I could really get excited, I had to peel the pages apart, and set them on paper towel to start drying.

I let a big whoop out in the library, and got some strange looks. but i kinda new i was probably accepted because i missed the phone call the night before but the voicemail said just to call back. Im still real excited even though i still have to finish up ochem 2.

I was at the library around 9pm studying for a regression exam and then I decided to check my e-mail! Let's just say I ended up going home early, my focus was gone. I was waaaaaay too excited to study

I was at the library around 9pm studying for a regression exam and then I decided to check my e-mail! Let's just say I ended up going home early, my focus was gone. I was waaaaaay too excited to study

Haha, same here! I was studying and my dad called me saying "Congratulations!" I was so excited I couldn't concentrate anymore and immediately drove back home to tell my friends and family :D.

I peed a little in my pants and then got back to homework.

I was walking to hand in a paper, got a call from my mom and screamed in a quiet hall and hugged five random people i have never seen in my life. Turned out one of the randoms was in my lab two hours later... He kept staring at me like a crazy person.

I stared at the monitor. I screamed. My mom and I hugged.

Then I had insomnia the whole night because I was too excited. Felt very dizzy the next day.

I was simply relieved - one less thing to worry about. I called my parents and then got on with my day as usual, anti-climatic :mad:

This thread makes me happy, aww. :)

I almost missed it - it was all junk junk junk and oh wait here's a white envelope I forgot.. and then I ripped it open and I screamed. Hugged my mom and ran up and down the stairs a few times freaking out from sheer excitement.

first acceptance: i was in a computer lab checking my email when i stumbled upon my acceptance email. it wasn't my top pick so i said to myself, "$hit at least i got in somewhere." this girl to my left overheard me and gave me a curious look. i explained to her that i got into pharmacy school and she responded, "OMG i have a friend who works at CVS. she TOTALLY loves working there." i logged out and left.

2nd "acceptance": i was more disappointed than happy because i didn't get into the campus i wanted.

"$hit at least i got in somewhere." this girl to my left overheard me and gave me a curious look.

LOL. That's how I felt too on my first acceptance since it wasn't my top choice school. For my top choice. I was outside grocery shopping and my mom called me and told me I was accepted. I was doing fist pumps and screaming "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES"! The shoppers gave me weird looks, but I didn't care. I would even do ballerina dances around the store if my personal image doesn't matter anymore.

first acceptance: I saw a big envelope so I knew right then I was accepted :) I thought I interviewed well but I was wait listed last year at the school so to be accepted this year I was happy

second acceptance: I thought the interview went badly, so when I got the email my first thought was "WTF?? NO WAY!!" I kind of just stared at the computer screen blankly for a minute. Then I remembered it is 35,000 tuition and I was kind of like :eek:

First and only Choice: I was sitting at my desk (about a week and a half after the interview) and an email notification popped up on my phone and I saw the name of the school in the email address...My heart started beating SUPER HARD. Once I saw the words that I was accepted, I FLIPPED OUT :wow: I went running and screaming through my apartment, but all my roomates were still in class so I was acting like a maniac alone, lol...But the maintenance man stopped by right after, so I screamed the news in his face:rofl:That was an awesome day...

And I think Sparda's post sums it up nicely as well, lol

My first acceptance I was truly shocked by. The interview was with 2 different staff members and I felt the first one went well, but the second one really drilled me and brought me down and at that point, I figured I wasn't going to have a chance getting in. I got home from school one afternoon and got an email and was like "HOLY CRAP!" then I went to call my parents to tell them, NEITHER of them answered their cell phones! SO I printed the email and handed it to my parents when they walked in. I mean I was really excited because I never thought I could get into school with my mediocre grades, so I was shocked to say the least.

The second acceptance was too good to be true. I was waiting really impatiently (LOL) because it was my #1 choice of schools. I was on my way home from work and my dad called me because he was already home and told me there was an envelope waiting for me and that was it. I was thinking 'Oh great, just an envelope'. I proceeded to drive home and talked on the phone to my sister the whole time and told her how pissed I was that my dad didn't give me a better description of the envelope. As I walked through the door and saw a big packet on the counter, I knew it was an acceptance. I tore it open and read the letter. (Meanwhile, my dad had called my mom who gets really nervous very easily) SO I jumped for joy then called her and she answered the phone saying "I am having diarrhea about that letter, now WHAT THE HELL DOES IT SAY?" I read it, she screamed then hung up on me lol. I was supposed to go bowling with my friends that night, but didn't end up going because I went out with my family to celebrate and had a HUGE locally brewed beer with a funky name. Life was good! :D

I was sitting in front of my laptop in class.....it was an 8am class and some girl in my class was doing her presentation......small class room, 6 students in total.

Then my outlook message alert thing went off, so I opened the email....and at first I thought this was a rejection letter since it didn't say congrats up front and it was like "I would like to update you on your current application status. After meeting to discuss your application the admissions committee has decided to..."

then i read "offer you admission ..." I was SO excited but couldn't believe it so I said "WHAT!!" out loud

The presentation girl stopped, and everyone looked at me.

I just checked my snail mail and saw a letter from the school and started shaking. I got a similar letter about a month ago initially rejecting me (low pre-req GPA). I emailed the school asking them to take another look at my application and they granted me the interview. Having been rejected initially, I wasn't expecting much.

I was shaking uncontrollably when I read "CONGRATULATIONS," I'm still in disbelief. Thankfully, I am really smart and always have an unlimited supply of champagne/wine/vodka on hand at all times so I popped a bottle open and am gloating in my elatedness.

On the downside, I'm a high school science teacher who is supposed to start a Forensic Science curriculum next year and I'm not sure how I'm going to let down the 150 kids who signed up for the class :/ OH WELL. haha.