How did your interview end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzywuz

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is usually what happens on my interview...

We interview, then they ask if I had any questions, I ask my questions. After awhile, they talk and talk and then say "Well, I guess we've covered a lot. It was nice meeting you" etc etc. Anyway, that's how mine ended.

Maybe I'm over thinking this and that is likely to be the case... but some times I wonder if I asked too many questions forcing the interviewer to just end it without giving me the opportunity to ask other questions. I'd say, I normally ask about 4-5 questions.

I'm curious.. I'm sitting on a waitlist and no acceptances. And I guess a sense of urgency is starting to build.. I only have one post-interview decision so I really can't gauge how I performed at my interviews. Heck, its difficult to gauge how it went based on my interviewer's expressions. It's hard to read! :oops: Hoping for the best while i wait. :xf:

That's my mini-rant for now.. Insights?

Members don't see this ad.

We interview, then they ask if I had any questions, I ask my questions. After awhile, they talk and talk and then say "Well, I guess we've covered a lot. It was nice meeting you" etc etc. Anyway, that's how mine ended.

Maybe I'm over thinking this and that is likely to be the case... but some times I wonder if I asked too many questions forcing the interviewer to just end it without giving me the opportunity to ask other questions. I'd say, I normally ask about 4-5 questions.

I'm curious.. I'm sitting on a waitlist and no acceptances. And I guess a sense of urgency is starting to build.. I only have one post-interview decision so I really can't gauge how I performed at my interviews. Heck, its difficult to gauge how it went based on my interviewer's expressions. It's hard to read! :oops: Hoping for the best while i wait. :xf:

That's my mini-rant for now.. Insights?

You can't read interviewers really, unless the flat out tell you you're in. Your format is correct, interview then questions. Remember they have other people to interview, as well as jobs, so there is only a limited amount of q and a time.

After about 20 minutes one of my interviewers said "so what do you wanna talk about?" We then talked about 40 more minutes about random things, some med school related and some not. After awhile I pretty much ended it myself by saying thank you and so forth, went fairly well.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think it has a lot to do with how much time an interviewer has. My last interview we talked for a while (and I guess I asked some questions during the interview) but then the interviewer ended the interview without seeing if I had any questions. When we came out, her next interviewee was already waiting. (I don't know the outcome of that interview though)

most of my interviews were fun, smiles and laughs. i asked my questions and then politely exited.

my last interview two of the three interviewers said i will be a 'good fit' for the school. i know that these interviews were important as they said that they were "people with big ears" for the adcom. does anyone think that the 'good fit' quote is a good sign or just politeness?

most of my interviews were fun, smiles and laughs. i asked my questions and then politely exited.

my last interview two of the three interviewers said i will be a 'good fit' for the school. i know that these interviews were important as they said that they were "people with big ears" for the adcom. does anyone think that the 'good fit' quote is a good sign or just politeness?

honestly, try not to read into it too much. nothing, and i mean NOTHING said in an interview guarantees anything. don't ask me how i know.

just aim for a nice, cordial, fun conversation with no friction. then keep your fingers crossed.

You can't read interviewers really, unless the flat out tell you you're in.

Plenty of people have had interviewers tell them they're in, and then come decision time it's a rejection or waitlist. Interviewers are not the final word. Depending on the school they may have more or less say. I don't think how it ends is that indicative, they're all busy and would like to get on with their day. What's more important is how you two interacted during the interview.