How difficult is it to change my major to chemical engineering at UCSD?

Started by kaydenva
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kaydenva

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is on Yahoo

I was recently admitted to UCSD as a chemistry major but I would really rather major in chemical engineering. How difficult would it be for me to switch?
 
I'm in UCI and I changed it during the orientation. It was a little paper they gave me after I told them I wanted to change my major from undecided.

Surprisingly easy.
 
Switching as the OP suggests may be more involved than switching from undecided. Universities do have some limits on how many people there can be in a given major.

You should contact your academic advisor to see what the ramifications of such a switch would be. You can call the registrar to see if they can tell you who to talk to. You can also call the Provost's office for the college you are enrolled in (Ravelle, Muir, Roosevelt, etc).

I wish I could be more help but my experience with UCSD was 20 years ago. Good luck.