How difficult is it to get into a GPR or AEGD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellofuturedentists

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it varies by program, but does anyone know, in general, how difficult it would be to get into a GPR/AEGD program after dental school in a state you've never lived in? Assuming you pass your boards/licensure exams/etc

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweeeet. Didn't know if that was something people just stayed at their school/home state for.
Thanks dudes!

I'm sure it varies by program, but does anyone know, in general, how difficult it would be to get into a GPR/AEGD program after dental school in a state you've never lived in? Assuming you pass your boards/licensure exams/etc
For more competitive GPRs/AEGDs (like most of the Veterans Affairs GPRs), you need to have a high class rank. For others, you still need to have a decent academic record but don't need like top 20%.

Reactions: 2 users
Tl;dr, pretty good.

So, more than half get into their first choice? Thats interesting. Thought it would be lower.

For more competitive GPRs/AEGDs (like most of the Veterans Affairs GPRs), you need to have a high class rank. For others, you still need to have a decent academic record but don't need like top 20%.

ah, thats what I wanted to know. Guess GPA still matters if you want a good GPR/AEGD. I'm only first year but SA AEGD with the VA does interest me.

Reactions: 1 user
Great thread! All I want is to get into my state school then my state AEGD program...:xf::xf: