How do adcoms look at addendums?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

aharris4

I've already sent one addendum and am considering sending another. The addendums arent about new things im doing but rather things that I've recently decided to include in my application. Does that look bad? as if im an idiot for forgeting to put things in my original application? or do they not care and just look at it as more information. any imput would be greatly apprecieted :)

Members don't see this ad.

Significant updates are useful, but it seems that in your case, these updates are smaller (considering that you felt that they could be left out of the initial application). There is a point of diminishing returns for updates, too: If you feel that these paint a deeper, more comprehensive and, most importantly, cohesive picture of you, then by all means, go ahead. Chances are, though, that this isn't the case and that the update will consist of just smaller volunteering/general opportunities that won't make much of a difference in the way the adcom sees your application. So it's really up to exactly what these updates will cover.

thanks, the addition is a research paper i did in my senior year of highschool as part of a program called the intel project. do you think its worth to add especially considering that it was in highschool, thats why i left it out to begin with.

thanks, the addition is a research paper i did in my senior year of highschool as part of a program called the intel project. do you think its worth to add especially considering that it was in highschool, thats why i left it out to begin with.

Leave it out unless it was published in a peer-reviewed academic journal.