How much do adcoms look at LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkiStallion

Reaction score
Is it one of the first things they look at? Is it weighted equally with the rest of your app? Does it depend on the school?

Just wondering how much influence the words of others will have on our apps. Think my letters are great because all from people I had good and long-term relationships with, but I'm still curious how much this factors into getting an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it one of the first things they look at? Is it weighted equally with the rest of your app? Does it depend on the school?

Just wondering how much influence the words of others will have on our apps. Think my letters are great because all from people I had good and long-term relationships with, but I'm still curious how much this factors into getting an interview.
I read every letter of recommendation in the interview packet. Whoever they are the last things that I read simply because they're at the very end of the packet.

Great letters are rare. When I see one or more, I will make a note of "great LORs" or similar.

Most letters are okay.

Bad letters are rare, and they will sink an applicant.

Reactions: 3 users