How do D.O. schools feel about committee letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medception

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can I send my committee letter packet to D.O. schools using VirtualEvals (how my undergrad institution does it), just like I'm doing for M.D. programs, and have them accept my LOR's that way?
Yes. Should be as easy as telling your undergrad which schools you want the packet sent to.

Members don't see this ad :)
But there's no specific committee letter request form offered by AACOMAS. So, how do you go about this? Just give my pre-health committee my AACOMAS ID #?

Thanks again.
It isn't done through AACOMAS like it is with the AMCAS...With DO schools your letters go directly to the schools separate from the AACOMAS application via virtual evals/interfolio. Follow each individual school's guidelines for the appropriate time to send your letters to them.

Also, no need to be starting new threads about the application process (since this is your second in the last half hour). There is a thread: AACOMAS FAQ 2014-2015 Application Cycle already dedicated to the types of questions you are asking.

If your school does them, then consider it borderline a requirement to obtain one.