Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering about this issue, and I Googled it and couldn't find anything helpful. So I thought you guys might have some ideas about it.
Do medical schools train students how to deal with situations when they fail to save a patient's life? or how to break the news to the family?
Yes, I know medical schools are supposed to select and build strong characters. But I can't imagine it to be an easy task for any person to cope with death after being trained for years to prevent it.
So back to the original question, do they have some sort of a class for that? or do they leave it for experience?
Do medical schools train students how to deal with situations when they fail to save a patient's life? or how to break the news to the family?
Yes, I know medical schools are supposed to select and build strong characters. But I can't imagine it to be an easy task for any person to cope with death after being trained for years to prevent it.
So back to the original question, do they have some sort of a class for that? or do they leave it for experience?