How Do I Apply to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFeelGood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Future MD's whats up? How do I apply to the DO schools? Through what service? I know MD schools are through AMCAS, but what about DO's? And how can I obtain their application disk? Please drop a message, THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

AMCOAS is the osteopathic application service. American Medical College Osteopathic Application Service. (I think)

Anyway... Go to their webpage to download the application materials. The cost for application is about the same as MD.

W.

[This message has been edited by WishUponAStar (edited 05-11-2000).]

The application service is pretty much the same as AMCAS. You download the file and load up the program. When your done filling it out, you just print it and send it out. The individual sections are pretty much the same: Personal information, personal statement, and academic record. It's a little annoying that there are two separate applications for MD and DO schools, especially when you have to type in each class you've ever taken twice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hipster:

As for letters of rec, you have to have them sent individually to each school, so you should provide your writer(s) with a list of addresses you'd like them to send their letter directly to.

Good luck!

DoctorFeelGood:

Hey sparky, uh, like, the osteopathic bound message board probably isn't the place to start your message with "Hey Future MD's whats up?"...

Try "Future DO's" and you might get a slightly better response to your questions...

Just a suggestion...

Just a reminder-

TCOM/UNTHSC is joining the majority of the other TX medical schools in a common application process. One application will work for ALL TX schools with the exception of one...i think its Baylor.