How Do I Become a community Pharm Tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I applied online to a major retail chain, and today I went to a branch to fill out the second part of the assessment( I selected any branch within 15 miles). What else should I do to become noticed, Sould I pop in and say hi to the pharmasict? I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks for reading:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I applied online to a major retail chain, and today I went to a branch to fill out the second part of the assessment( I selected any branch within 15 miles). What else should I do to become noticed, Sould I pop in and say hi to the pharmasict? I am open to any suggestions.

You need to have an actual conversation with the pharmacist or pharmacist manager. Find a good time (not during a busy time) and chat with him. Be nice and confident, you should tell the pharmacist that you want to learn more about pharmacy and would like to get a job one day, maybe he or she will offer you one on the spot, who knows.

EDIT: also, before leaving, give him or her a smile and firm handshake, then give them your resume.

Hi everyone,

Resume - business card if you have one - and the presence of mind to ask questions when it isn't a really busy time as was previously stated. Also I would ask at some point whether or not they need any techs - if no one is needed - you may save yourself some wasted time and effort.

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to have an actual conversation with the pharmacist or pharmacist manager. Find a good time (not during a busy time) and chat with him. Be nice and confident, you should tell the pharmacist that you want to learn more about pharmacy and would like to get a job one day, maybe he or she will offer you one on the spot, who knows.

EDIT: also, before leaving, give him or her a smile and firm handshake, then give them your resume.

AGREE--- THE BEST WAY TO GET HIRED is to just go to every retail pharmacy you can go, ask for the manager, and ask if they are looking to hire. Dress nice and Go there in person and DO NOT call over the phone and ask.

Reactions: 1 user
And make sure you tell them your career goals of becoming a pharmacist (if that is your goal). Also, even if they aren't hiring leave them your resume in case something opens up in the future because I heard its getting a little more difficult to get a job as a tech.

AGREE--- THE BEST WAY TO GET HIRED is to just go to every retail pharmacy you can go, ask for the manager, and ask if they are looking to hire. Dress nice and Go there in person and DO NOT call over the phone and ask.

I totally agree with the phone advice, it is a bad idea to talk over the phone. It could be a tech pretending to be a pharmacist and saying that you don't belong there. I been there and that done....:laugh: