Medical How do I choose between Master's Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was accepted into Midwestern's MBS program and Chatham's MA in Biomedical Sciences program. Midwestern's program is 2 years, while Chatham's is one year. I was planning to apply next cycle, so I'd be taking 2 gap years, but I don't know which program is a better fit for my goals (to be an osteopathic physician). Can anyone tell me more about these programs?
If you do not need to take two gap years, go with Chatham's program.

otherwise, go with the one that has the cheapest tuition and the best linkage deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Either way I’m taking 2 years since I’m applying next year. Midwestern has the best linkage deal but is more expensive and the curriculum load is a lot harder than Chatham's. I know I can do well at either one but I think I can get a 4.0 at Chatham and at Midwestern, I heard a 4.0 is impossible. My GPA needs major repair so I don't know if it makes more sense to go to the school I can excel at (Chatham), raise my GPA, and apply to other DO schools. Or a school I can do well at (Midwestern) but that has linkage (the linkage is just an interview so who knows if I'd even get in). What do you think?
I'm not familiar with the Chatham program, and even at CCOM, you just a need a 3.5 for reinvention for DO schools. It's no longer about raising the GPAs.

Hence, I lean to CCOM.

have you tried the LECOM program?

Status
Not open for further replies.