Medical How do I define my IA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have received a minor conduct violation regarding putting up national flags in my room for decoration that could be seen from outside. I have only received a warning, but there remains a record of me having a conduct violation. However, as there were no actions taken by the university, would this still constitute as an IA? If so, how bad would this IA look in my applications when I am shooting for a T-20 school? I am hoping this would not be a DOA.

To be transparent, the exact "violation" was:

Residential Life/D.13 Exhibiting or affixing any unauthorized sign, advertisement, notice or other lettering, flags or banners that are inscribed, painted, or affixed to any part of the outside of a building or the inside of the building which may be viewed outside of on.

If it helps, it appears clearly in my record that there has been no formal sanctions applied.
Go talk to your registrar to see if any mention of this is in your transcript.

Also check with the Dean's office.

You should not be worrying about how this looks to a T20, but to any medical school. Do you believe that Drexel will have lower standards than Yale?

And BTW, this is really, really, really minor.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much, this is not mentioned in my transcript but I was told this will be mentioned as a conduct violation. This record is under my school's "Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards" but the record is not present in my Dean's Office. Should I include it as an IA if that is the case?

And I apologize if my statement about T20 came off as if I was looking down on other medical schools that are not T20. My question stemmed from hearing from some users discussing about applications being immediately being thrown to the trash for some T20, but I should have known better that this may be the case for any medical schools.
Yes, it's an IA. Check the box, explain and most importantly, OWN THIS.

Keep in mind that pre-meds (andm ost advisors) are near universally ignorant about the application process.

Status
Not open for further replies.