How do I find a proctor for an online course?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by pitbull lover, May 10, 2007.

1. pitbull lover

pitbull lover CSU Class of 2014
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I am planning to take an online animal nutrition course through Purdue University and I see that I will be needing a proctor for the exams.

I live in Long Beach, CA and the nearby public libraries, city colleges, or the university I graduated from don't offer test proctoring services. And the places that I found that offer this service are 30 miles away and cost $25-$50 per exam.

What do I do?

If you have taken Purdue's online animal nutrition course, what did you do?

Also, can I maybe get an old professor from my university to do it?

Does it have to be that complicated? :confused:

2. cubs11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm planning to take the same course, and was wondering if my campus testing center would be a proctor for the course.

I know there are a few other universities who offer this course online, so if you can't find a proctor, maybe one of the other universities don't require one.

On the website for this course through Purdue, they give the contact info. for the professor. I would call him and talk to him. I'm sure he has had students before in the same situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OSJ

OSJ Michigan State CVM 2012
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I actually just called a school where I am planning on taking a course and they said any university will do it, or any learning center- like Sylvan.

4. wivet2011

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hey, I took that course!! Anyways, I asked my advisor if she would be willing. Worked out great.

5. alonepear

alonepear MissState CVM 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I had a similar situation last year, although my issue was local proctoring facilities were only open business hours, and of course the exams had be taken during a specific 24-hour window, and I always had to work 10-hour shifts those days!

It turned out NCSU (where I was taking the online class) allowed any working "professional" they approved to proctor my exams, so my practice's head veterinarian was approved to do it, and I was just going to take them on my lunch breaks (ended up dropping the course though...)