Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How do I find a proctor for an online course?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by pitbull lover, May 10, 2007.

1. pitbull lover

pitbull lover CSU Class of 2014

Veterinary Student
    I am planning to take an online animal nutrition course through Purdue University and I see that I will be needing a proctor for the exams.

I live in Long Beach, CA and the nearby public libraries, city colleges, or the university I graduated from don't offer test proctoring services. And the places that I found that offer this service are 30 miles away and cost $25-$50 per exam.

What do I do?

If you have taken Purdue's online animal nutrition course, what did you do?

Also, can I maybe get an old professor from my university to do it?

Does it have to be that complicated? :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cubs11

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm planning to take the same course, and was wondering if my campus testing center would be a proctor for the course.

I know there are a few other universities who offer this course online, so if you can't find a proctor, maybe one of the other universities don't require one.

On the website for this course through Purdue, they give the contact info. for the professor. I would call him and talk to him. I'm sure he has had students before in the same situation.

4. OSJ

OSJ Michigan State CVM 2012

Pre-Veterinary
    I actually just called a school where I am planning on taking a course and they said any university will do it, or any learning center- like Sylvan.

5. wivet2011

Veterinary Student
    Hey, I took that course!! Anyways, I asked my advisor if she would be willing. Worked out great.

6. alonepear

alonepear MissState CVM 2011

Veterinary Student
    I had a similar situation last year, although my issue was local proctoring facilities were only open business hours, and of course the exams had be taken during a specific 24-hour window, and I always had to work 10-hour shifts those days!

It turned out NCSU (where I was taking the online class) allowed any working "professional" they approved to proctor my exams, so my practice's head veterinarian was approved to do it, and I was just going to take them on my lunch breaks (ended up dropping the course though...)