How do I find a proctor for an online course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pitbull lover

CSU Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to take an online animal nutrition course through Purdue University and I see that I will be needing a proctor for the exams.

I live in Long Beach, CA and the nearby public libraries, city colleges, or the university I graduated from don't offer test proctoring services. And the places that I found that offer this service are 30 miles away and cost $25-$50 per exam.

What do I do?

If you have taken Purdue's online animal nutrition course, what did you do?

Also, can I maybe get an old professor from my university to do it?

Does it have to be that complicated? 😕
 
I'm planning to take the same course, and was wondering if my campus testing center would be a proctor for the course.

I know there are a few other universities who offer this course online, so if you can't find a proctor, maybe one of the other universities don't require one.

On the website for this course through Purdue, they give the contact info. for the professor. I would call him and talk to him. I'm sure he has had students before in the same situation.
 
I actually just called a school where I am planning on taking a course and they said any university will do it, or any learning center- like Sylvan.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I took that course!! Anyways, I asked my advisor if she would be willing. Worked out great.
 
I had a similar situation last year, although my issue was local proctoring facilities were only open business hours, and of course the exams had be taken during a specific 24-hour window, and I always had to work 10-hour shifts those days!


It turned out NCSU (where I was taking the online class) allowed any working "professional" they approved to proctor my exams, so my practice's head veterinarian was approved to do it, and I was just going to take them on my lunch breaks (ended up dropping the course though...)