Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all.
Maybe this isn't the right forum, but I'll give it a shot anyway...
I'm an IMG from Europe, currently in my final year of med school. I've decided I want to do Pediatrics, and that I want to do my residency in the US. I know that it's getting more difficult each year to get into residency in the US, and that I have to have as many "plusses" as possible to stand a chance.
That's why I want to go to the US next spring to do some clinical rotations... my only problem is that I can't find a place that will let me do these rotations! I have all the prerequisites, incl vaccinations, malpractice insurance, health insurance, better than average step 1 score, good proficiency in English ( I did a 1 year research project in the US a couple of years ago), and so on...
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do???
I feel lost, since I already have been turned down three places (they decided to only allow IMG's from schools with an affiliation in 2 of these places). With graduation comming up soon, I'm in need of finding a place to do rotations really fast, since I can't do them after I graduate...
I would appreciate any suggestions from y'all.
larsprop
Maybe this isn't the right forum, but I'll give it a shot anyway...
I'm an IMG from Europe, currently in my final year of med school. I've decided I want to do Pediatrics, and that I want to do my residency in the US. I know that it's getting more difficult each year to get into residency in the US, and that I have to have as many "plusses" as possible to stand a chance.
That's why I want to go to the US next spring to do some clinical rotations... my only problem is that I can't find a place that will let me do these rotations! I have all the prerequisites, incl vaccinations, malpractice insurance, health insurance, better than average step 1 score, good proficiency in English ( I did a 1 year research project in the US a couple of years ago), and so on...
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do???
I feel lost, since I already have been turned down three places (they decided to only allow IMG's from schools with an affiliation in 2 of these places). With graduation comming up soon, I'm in need of finding a place to do rotations really fast, since I can't do them after I graduate...
I would appreciate any suggestions from y'all.
larsprop