How do I get ASHP to stop spamming my mailbox?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to ASHP Midyear in 2013 and it was a huge mistake. I had my name tag scanned by a few vendors ("win an iPad!") and suddenly I got tons of spam in my mailbox. There are large envelopes full of heavy paper about new drugs and overpriced CE events that I'm not interested in. This is very wasteful for the environment. My neighborhood does not pick up recycling so it's a burden to find a place to recycle these materials, plus I have to shred the outside with my address on it which causes more waste. I can find all of this information on the internet if I wanted to.

I've called several times and asked to be removed from any mailing list, and they say "okay we'll take care of it" yet I receive more. I have moved twice since that Midyear but they somehow find out my new address each time I move. Now I want nothing to do with ASHP ever again.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah me too, i swear the "unsubscribe from all" feature does not work

I had my name tag scanned by a few vendors ("win an iPad!") and suddenly I got tons of spam in my mailbox.
This sounds like an issue with third party vendors at Midyear. If that's the case, there's really not much that ASHP can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get e-mail from ASHP every day (or at least it seems that way), but not spam real mail. I also suspect its a 3rd party vendor problem.

When you had your tag scanned by a vendor, you essentially gave them permission to mail you stuff. You have to contact the vendor directly, just like any other junk mail. Not sure there is any law that they have to take you off the list though.