how do i get to dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ga07

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any advice on how to get to dartmouth? i got my interview offer today. i'm flying from the midwest, and trying to figure out what the best route will be. i'm guessing i can't fly into hanover (i was there this summer, not exactly a major metropolitan area, but very charming), and i can't rent a car. any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

With great difficulty, as I recall from when I visited before undrgrad! Seriously, consider, taking a Greyhound bus. I did that for my Albany interview last year (from NYC, not from Alaska!), and it worked out well.

the Dartmouth coach runs out of Boston-Logan Intl' Airport and will take you directly to Hanover; I'd say about a 2 hour bus ride. I'd suggest calling the school to ask for a coach schedule, but if they don't have one call up Logan Airport info. You also might want to coordinate other interviews with your Dartmouth trip so that you don't have to make more than 2 trips to Boston. Call Tufts, UVM, and BU if you applied to those places and see if they can accomodate you. And I think Northwest has the cheapest flights from Minneapolis to Boston; I can check on this for you with my 2 classmates who went to school in MN (one of them from GAC!). Good luck! oh, yeah, Minnesota ROCKS! I have never been there but thinking of doing a residency in Minneapolis..

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ga07
any advice on how to get to dartmouth? i got my interview offer today. i'm flying from the midwest, and trying to figure out what the best route will be. i'm guessing i can't fly into hanover (i was there this summer, not exactly a major metropolitan area, but very charming), and i can't rent a car. any advice?

Dogsled...have you been to Dartmouth?

Don't know what you do when the permafrost melts when the weather warms up. Perhaps you can use a gondola through the mud, Venice-style...

-RA

thanks for the feedback. i found a cheap flight, and am hoping to find more info on this dartmouth express. as far as the weather goes, i hail from minnesota, which has the same winter/summer temperature range as siberia. back to 2ndaries...

There is an airport serving the greater Lebanon/Hanover/White River metropolitan area, and you can fly in from NYC or Pittsburgh pretty easily. The airport code is LEB, but since it is a small airport, you can expect to pay a good bit to get there. It might be less expensive to fly to Manchester (BWI and Dulles often offer specials to there) and then take a cab. There's also an airport in Rutland, VT (RUT) that you might be able to fly into and then catch a ride the final 45 miles or so to Hanover.