Medical How do I handle a current misdemeanor during application cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
I received court supervision and judgment is deferred; will be able to expunge after supervision.
This occurred after AMCAS and submission of secondary.
Do I disclose to the medical school applied to? If so how much detail should I relate?
Yes, you need to disclose.

Explain what happened, and when, and OWN it.

Members don't see this ad.

Disclose it. Not disclosing is not okay. You should report in full what happened and how you would prevent it from happening again.

Tbh because this occurred in the middle of your app cycle I would not be surprised to get a number of rejections because of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Disclose it. Not disclosing is not okay. You should report in full what happened and how you would prevent it from happening again.

Tbh because this occurred in the middle of your app cycle I would not be surprised to get a number of rejections because of it.
Agree...unfortunate situation.

Is St George still an option? Would I have to disclose to Caribbean as well?
It may be a more possible option than US, but we don’t advise to go Caribbean. Look up all the Caribbean stories on SDN.

It’s better that if you want to be a doctor, that you take a few gap years, get some time In between your situation and you applying, and show that you have changed through volunteer work and a clean record.

Unsure. But I am relatively confident that the vetting process is much less stringent.

I really would avoid the Caribbean route at all costs. I have known way too many people who do spectacular on the wait into 4th year, land interviews (like many) and they never match or match somewhere they really did not want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.