How do i know if i'm ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ari1584

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a retake for me, the first mcat was a 25. I have been studying since like november but used up my aamc's so i cant retake those. I have TBR, and on the first test i got a 33, on the second i got a 30 (their VR really screwed me up). BUT the problem is...their scale is diff than aamc. If i translate my scores to the aamc scale, the one used for test number 10, then my scores only come out to a 29, and a 27. Is this an accurate way to look at my scores? How can i decide if i'm ready to re-take or not? The test is april 24th

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't use AAMC curve for TBR. Each prep company have their own data that they use to measure the difficulty of their tests. What you should do is to try taking tests from other prep companies like Kaplan, TPR and EK. If there is a huge fluctuation in your score, like 25 in one and 33 in another, then you may wanna do some content review. If your score differ only between 1-3 points then go ahead and take the test since it signals consistency.:thumbup:

This is a retake for me, the first mcat was a 25. I have been studying since like november but used up my aamc's so i cant retake those. I have TBR, and on the first test i got a 33, on the second i got a 30 (their VR really screwed me up). BUT the problem is...their scale is diff than aamc. If i translate my scores to the aamc scale, the one used for test number 10, then my scores only come out to a 29, and a 27. Is this an accurate way to look at my scores? How can i decide if i'm ready to re-take or not? The test is april 24th

Their scales are more generous than the AAMC ones, but surprisingly for me, my AAMC scores and BR scores have been pretty close. Maybe take an average of the two scores making it 31 and 29.