How Do I Look Up Articles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kushkeeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was at my undergrad college I would just use the Listserve the library offered to look up journal articles. Now that I am no longer in school, I don't have access to this listserve. How do I look up professors' research articles if I don't have access to a University Library system?

Members don't see this ad.

Kushkeeee said:
When I was at my undergrad college I would just use the Listserve the library offered to look up journal articles. Now that I am no longer in school, I don't have access to this listserve. How do I look up professors' research articles if I don't have access to a University Library system?

www.pubmed.com (biomedical, psychiatry, some psychology-related articles) is free to search, but you won't be able to get full access to the articles unless you're in a library or using a proxy account.

PsycInfo is another database that you could use to search psychology-related articles. Again, you have to be at a library or set up with a proxy account.

Of course, another option is to contact professors directly and ask them to send you their articles.

Hi Kush,

Are you sure that you don't have access to the library system at your former university? At my alma mater, graduates have lifetime access to the library system.

Also, I agree with the former response. Researchers are usually more than happy to send on their articles! They love people to read their work, particularly if they plan on citing it in their own. I've had researchers send me full computer testing programs just because they want to get it out there.