Do I have a chance or how can I improve?

Started by kikipo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kikipo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have a B.A in neuroscience. When I was in college, I didnt really know what I was interested in specifically within the field of neuroscience until the last semester on campus. I got interested in child development, like how the early childhood experience shapes brain development in children and how that impacts them even after becoming adults. So, I have worked with children as an RBT (working with children on the spectrum) for a few months, and I am now working as a neuropsychology tech (kinda similar to a psychometrist). I am also a volunteer research assistant for an organisation where I read and summarize research studies focusing on child brain development. I am really interested in becoming a neuropsychologist working with children. So, my question is, do I still have a chance with these experiences, and how can I make myself a competitive applicant? Please. I wanna apply next year and hopefully start in 2027