How do I put this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taken2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please guys, I need help with how to arrange my extracurricular activities. I did alot of one day volunteering like volunteering during a walk (to cure breast cancer,lupus,autism and stuffs like that). I know I don't have much to show for it except for group pictures taken at some of the events and volunteer T-shirts. How do I include them as extracurricular activities in my application. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

taken2 said:
please guys, I need help with how to arrange my extracurricular activities. I did alot of one day volunteering like volunteering during a walk (to cure breast cancer,lupus,autism and stuffs like that). I know I don't have much to show for it except for group pictures taken at some of the events and volunteer T-shirts. How do I include them as extracurricular activities in my application. :confused:

I would list them as one extracurricular activity instead of 10 individual ones. I think PharmCAS puts a limit on how many activities you can add, so you don't want them all to be this stuff. I would make one category that says "volunteer organizations" or something of the like and under description list the different walks that you participated in.

calrx said:
I would list them as one extracurricular activity instead of 10 individual ones. I think PharmCAS puts a limit on how many activities you can add, so you don't want them all to be this stuff. I would make one category that says "volunteer organizations" or something of the like and under description list the different walks that you participated in.

THanks calrx. seems no one else wants to comment on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im not an ad-com member, but I would think it looks much better to have one or two ECs that you are very involved in than twelve dozen things you did for an hour here or there. Quality not quantity is important. So I agree with listing them all in one subheading called something like "charitable volunteering/giving".

So do they require some kind of proof that you've been in each of these activities? My committee letter will show all the stuff I've been involved in, but that's about it. Several organizations I'm involved in are entirely student run and I won't be able to get a letter for them.

I don't know if they require proof. I'm in the same boat in that I can't get a letter because a lot of things I'm involved in right now are student runned.

Anyway, if you can't put it under extracurricular, perhaps you can mention them in your personal statement and in the supplemental application when they ask you to talk about your experiences, hobbies, and extracurricular work. They pretty much always ask that question.

Just use those experiences in your essay writing.