How do I start my application before June 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C6H12O6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This seems like a really silly question but I was under the assumption that you could upload all of the different aspects of an application to AADSAS before June 1st and then as the clock strikes midnight your application would automatically be sent if you had every requirement fulfilled. I took the DAT on Tuesday and need to get the ball rolling in terms of personal statement (its done but is there a place I need to send it?), where to have my professors send LOR's, etc. Maybe this is part of the process for schools to weed out the slackers but I feel like I'm going in circles every time I click a link on the ADEA's website. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It does not open until June 1, so the only way to work on it before then is just getting everything in order, like writing your personal statement, making sure your LOR are written, etc. Then come June 1, you can start an application and input everything.

Personal statement + ECs ready.
LORs ready at Interfolio.
June 1st --> copy and paste info.

Members don't see this ad :)
It also helps to order an unofficial transcript to input your grades once the app opens in June 1. They'll ask you to type EXACTLY as it's mentioned in the transcript, and if not, you'll get dinged (they mark incorrect info in the app with an asterisk)

I noticed a lot of people say to order an unofficial transcript... Do you think that would be different than just looking at an unofficial transcript/ viewing academic history online?

I noticed a lot of people say to order an unofficial transcript... Do you think that would be different than just looking at an unofficial transcript/ viewing academic history online?

At my school they let us download a PDF of the unofficial. It's pretty much same thing as the official minus the stamping and signatures. I would get the unofficial and copy it exactly as is.

Reactions: 1 users
You can still copy the same one online... yes, no?

What I gather is use Interfolio for LOR's then get an unofficial copy of my transcripts and do the conversion now so I won't spend half the day doing it on June 1st. When Do I send an official copy of my transcripts to the ADEA?

You really don't have to have everything down on June 1st. To my knowledge, "first batch" doesn't go out until the 2nd or 3rd week of June, so having the application done anytime before then will put you in good position

The ADEA's instructions for the 2018 application cycle say "To avoid an unnecessary delay, requesting an official transcript from the institution(s) should be completed as early as possible in the application cycle. To obtain a Transcript Request Form, applicants should first complete the “Colleges Attended” section in Academic History. "
After an applicant has selected the college they've attended then a "transcript request form is generated." I guess I'm asking if there is anyone who sent their transcripts in before June 1st and what was the form they used? Is it even possible to send transcripts in before June 1st? The ADEA sounds pretty specific on which form to use and it seems that you can't get access to the form until you create an AADSAS account. Which of course is not possible until June 1st.

The ADEA's instructions for the 2018 application cycle say "To avoid an unnecessary delay, requesting an official transcript from the institution(s) should be completed as early as possible in the application cycle. To obtain a Transcript Request Form, applicants should first complete the “Colleges Attended” section in Academic History. "
After an applicant has selected the college they've attended then a "transcript request form is generated." I guess I'm asking if there is anyone who sent their transcripts in before June 1st and what was the form they used? Is it even possible to send transcripts in before June 1st? The ADEA sounds pretty specific on which form to use and it seems that you can't get access to the form until you create an AADSAS account. Which of course is not possible until June 1st.

If you go to Page 1 of the instructions under the FAQ section it states, "When can I start my application? The 2018 ADEA AADSAS application will open on June 1, 2017 around noon Eastern Time. Applicants should request all postsecondary transcripts as early as possible. ADEA AADSAS will not process any document that is received prior to June 1, 2017. "

Personal statement + ECs ready.
LORs ready at Interfolio.
June 1st --> copy and paste info.
Do you need to have a separate file or paperwork that shows credibility of shadowing hours or do you just input the hours into the application with contact info?

Do you need to have a separate file or paperwork that shows credibility of shadowing hours or do you just input the hours into the application with contact info?
If it's the same as years past, just number of hours with the name of the dentist and some other little pieces of information such as a description of what you observed. No actual contact information beyond that. That could have changed with the supposedly new version of AADSAS, but I haven't looked into that at all.

If you go to Page 1 of the instructions under the FAQ section it states, "When can I start my application? The 2018 ADEA AADSAS application will open on June 1, 2017 around noon Eastern Time. Applicants should request all postsecondary transcripts as early as possible. ADEA AADSAS will not process any document that is received prior to June 1, 2017. "
I thought I was on top of reading the instructions but it looks like I missed the answer to my question on the first freakin' page. I guess its a good thing that I got a great score on reading comprehension on the DAT. Thanks for your help.